Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Batch edit UDTIs
DJMUKPostMarch 20, 2020, 13:05
March 20, 2020, 16:38
Normal topicBatch edit UDTIs

I am new to Yate and up until now I have only used Yate for simple edits. I have read the help documents but have been unable to find an answer to the following and hope you can help?

I need to be able to bulk change a UDTI field, preferably using the functions in the multi field editor. The changes should only be made to records containing a specific value in a second UDTI. There are about 50,000 tracks to process.

It seems the best way is to load all the tracks and then use the Filter function to choose only those which meet the criteria mentioned above.

Then use the Multi Field Editor to make the required changes.

However, whilst in both the Filter Function and the Multi Field Editor I can see all the standard fields I can't see a way of choosing a particular UDTI field.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

2MR2PostMarch 20, 2020, 13:15
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Batch edit UDTIs

Loading all the tracks is the worst way to do it. The memory requirement will be extreme.

The Batch Processor is designed to do this efficiently. This has to be done using an action. If you're not familiar with writing actions I can help. Send me information describing what you're testing and what you want done. It should only take a few minutes to generate the action. You can reply here or send an email to support@2manyrobots.com

DJMUKPostMarch 20, 2020, 16:17

Thank you so much for your offer to help write an action for me. I have never done this and having an example would be a good way to start learning.

So I have a music collection of 50k+ tracks (all FLAC files) the great majority of these are CD rips together with some LP and Cassette rips, and HD downloads.

I like to have a reference to the source from which the tracks came and in the case of CD's a number pointing me to the physically stored CD.

I have previously done my tagging in Metadatics in which I created two fields called: SOURCE and SOURCEID. These show as UDTI's in Yate.

The intention is that SOURCE should have a value of CD or LP or DL, etc. SOURCEID should have values for CD of a 4 digit number to point back to the physical CD. For downloaded tracks it would contain where the track was purchased from.

Somehow, stupidly, I managed to overwrite the SOURCE field with the contents of the SOURCEID field. So for example both now have values like: CD 0123 or CD 4567, etc.

What I am trying to achieve is to correct, at least at first, is the CD tracks. So that using the above two examples:

SOURCE = CD and SOURCEID = 0123 and
SOURCE = CD and SOURCEID = 4567.

I would be very grateful for any help you could give me.

With thanks.

2MR2PostMarch 20, 2020, 17:05
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Download the file at:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/DJMUK.zip

Unzip the file and import DJMUK.plist via Yate>Import Preferences. Note that the action was built on Yate v5.1.2. If you're on an older version do a Yate>Check for Updates before importing.

You now have an action named: DJMUK: Fix SOURCE & SOURCEID (CD)

I've taken you literally. For each FLAC file the action tests if SOURCE and SOURCEID are the same and start with CD. If this is true, SOURCE is set to CD and SOURCEID is set to everything after CD with leading and trailing spaces removed.

You can test this (and you should) by loading and selecting files into Yate. Do an:

Actions>User Defined>DJMUK: Fix SOURCE & SOURCEID (CD)

Verify that everything is okay on the UD Text editing panel. Nothing will have been saved to the files so you can do a File>Revert to back out.

If everything is okay, you can run your entire collection through the Batch Processor as follows:

- From the Actions menu select Batch Processor Wizard...
- If you warning panels are displayed, you can dismiss them
- from the drop down control, select the action you have just installed
- hit Next
- drag over the root folder containing your collection. You can alternately drag over one or more disjoint folders if you want to test.
- hit Next
- enable Auto Save Files (or nothing will be saved)
- enable Verbose Log (the log file will display each file written)
- hit Start

That's it 🙂

If I've misinterpreted anything let me know.

DJMUKPostMarch 20, 2020, 17:52

Thank you very much for providing me with the Action and the detailed description of how this works.

You have interpreted exactly what I wanted to do. I have downloaded the file and will give this a try tomorrow when i'm more fresh to avoid any silly mistakes!

Thanks again and I will let you know how it goes.

DJMUKPostMarch 21, 2020, 11:44

All went well with your Action file and instructions. I have now corrected all my tracks.

I studied the help file whilst looking at the steps in the Action and now have a better understanding of how these work.

Once again, many thanks for your help.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.