Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Yate integration with databases (relational ones ) ?
Music_masterPostMarch 30, 2020, 04:45
March 30, 2020, 08:20
Normal topicYate integration with databases (relational ones ) ?

Hi, question and thoughts - maybe suggestion.

I run a synology NAS. There is the Audi-Station running on it. Audio-station manages the Music via an postgres index database.
The information displayed in Music Station and Clients ( eg DLNA device ) is NOT ( so my experiance - not knowledge ) the MP3 TAG info, BUT comming from the index database.

Scenario:
one wants to change e.g. the genre for a bunch of album OR correct misspelled artist in several albums, than .. with YATE ( so my understanding ) each file/album individually must be navigated to the place where it is stored, opened and changed.

Idea / question:
integration with the index-db ( in this example ) would enable to select and load a list of albums / files into YATE, edit the topic and write change back to storage.
The NAS would reindex them and the edit cycle would be closed.

==> use of a YATE db to do kind of BATCH changes
==> use of RDBMS like e.g. MariaDB / MySQL linked to YATE instead of CSV
==> maybe also write back change to MP3tags as well to YATE DB .. toi keep yate DB up-todate rather than to have the Mp3 file-conten as "golden-Source"???

This would also kind of "ease" the creation of the YATE database other than "manually" open all music and manually add it to yate-database - if I am not wrong.

Ideas, comments, solutions, experiences ???

thanks

2MR2PostMarch 30, 2020, 09:02
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Yate integration with databases (relational ones ) ?

There are lots of different NAS drives out there ... many of which support some sort of music serving service. I have my personal collection and Yate's extensive test collection on a QNAP NAS.

Yate has a batch processor. The processor is supplied an action and provided with one ore more root folders. Every folder in or under one of the roots which contains an audio file is processed. The batch processor also has an alternate mode where it is suppled a pre-existing track database. All data in the track database is then applied to the appropriate files.

A track database can be built by running a batch process with a simple one line action. Similarly, you could walk your entire collection and modify genres or correct artist names via the same method. Yate even has statements letting you accumulate all artist names used in any fields,

There will never be direct integration with any specific NAS index. As said, a track db can be constructed with a single statement. Further your standard workflow can be written to update the database whenever changes or additions are made in the UI. I've processed track DBs with over 100k rows. I also use the ability to query track databases in actions. The Artist database set of actions on the resource page makes extensive use of query db statement.

I use a Sonos system which has to be told when to reindex. My standard workflow action tells Sonos to update via calling an external script.

Pretty much anything can be done.

This would also kind of "ease" the creation of the YATE database other than "manually" open all music and manually add it to yate-database - if I am not wrong.

Hopefully I answered this 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.