Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Denon Engine Prime
custa1200PostJuly 29, 2020, 22:47
July 30, 2020, 02:33
Normal topicDenon Engine Prime

Hi,
I'm using the DJ library management software Denon Engine Prime that is that used to use libraries on their controller range. I have recently catalogued my entire library including the Label tag using primarily Discogs as the source. Most of the files I have are either ALAC or AAC but some MP3 also and while Label is filled out and retained in Yate, when I transfer them into Engine Prime Label only shows for the MP3. I wonder what would be the process to make tags like that consistent across file types that that software will read. I believe you can actually download the Denon Engine Prime software for free to investigate.

2MR2PostJuly 30, 2020, 08:48
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Denon Engine Prime

Unfortunately getting consistent tags is a dream. Yate uses what a majority of taggers and Music based applications follow. Hardware and car companies are the worst when it comes to tagging.

I've downloaded Denon Engine Prime and figured out how to edit a file. I loaded an MPEG-4 file (AAC in this case) and edited the Label field. I can see that the file was written and that the edited information persists in the Denon application. However, there is nothing written to the file....I checked the raw data. They must keep the metadata in their own library. When I did a Reload Track Information the data in Label field disappeared. They're not writing the Label metadata and I can only assume that they're clearing it when reading the file. 🙁 If anything was written I could get Yate to write the same tag.

They have no published tag charts as far as I can tell. Unfortunately the issue is due to a lack of support in the Denon application. I wish I could help but I can't fix their application.

custa1200PostJuly 31, 2020, 10:32
July 30, 2020, 02:33
Normal topicRe: Denon Engine Prime

That cool I can go back to them with that. I have a thread open on their support forums too.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.