Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Setting Roon Live field in Yate
pacoinmassPostAugust 2, 2020, 18:53
Beginner
July 24, 2015, 01:03
Normal topicSetting Roon Live field in Yate

I found a Custom Panel titled "Roon". It has 2 fields, "Conductor" and "Live". How do I set the "Live" field's value to indicate a Live album in Roon? I've tried "1", "Live", "Yes", "Y" however have not been successful.

(I'm not sure if I downloaded the customer panel or if I created it.)

Thx in advance for any help.

2MR2PostAugust 2, 2020, 22:09
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Setting Roon Live field in Yate

It's not our custom panel. You shouldn't need Conductor as Roon should be seeing Yate's standard mappings.

I just created a custom field named Love. The mappings for all field types are LOVE. I then put it on a custom panel and marked the field as a 'Display as checkbox'. This stores a 1 or 0 into the field.

Unfortunately as far as I can tell you have to go into each track separately in Roon and mark the track as reading Live from the file. There is no 'do it for all files' setting and as far as I can tell you can't do it on a per album basis. So it works but it has to be enabled for every track ... unless I'm missing something.

I've seen complaints about this on the Roon forum.

2MR2PostAugust 2, 2020, 22:16
Administrator

Sorry my brain is rotting. The custom field was named Live and the mappings are LIVE.

pacoinmassPostAugust 7, 2020, 17:22
Beginner

Thank you for clarifying the source...which leaves me puzzled as to what I did! I haven't really customized Yate so if I would like to go back to "regular" settings.

I've deleted the Roon panel which I think gets me back to square one. However I've run into a problem that I hope is easily addressed.

I created a custom panel called "Live" for now. However when I click on one of the boxes labled "Unused" and scroll through the list of what I'm assuming are available fields to use, I don't see a field called LIVE. (Ironically i see LOVE!).

What am I missing? Thx.

pacoinmassPostAugust 7, 2020, 18:05
Beginner

My brain is also rotting...I see that you said you created a custom field called LIVE and a custom panel. I've done that. Roon now recognizes the tracks as live however hasn't recognized the album as live with a red dot. It's a step in the right direction in any case. Thx for your help.

2MR2PostAugust 7, 2020, 19:30
Administrator

Glad it's working ... as well as it can.

In case you didn't already do it you can mark the Live field as being a checkbox on the custom panel. It will automatically set a value of 1 or 0.

If you wish I can add Live to the Roon custom panel on the web resources page.

If anybody has any Roon oriented fields that they want put on the panel let me know.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.