Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Droplet questions
timpPostAugust 21, 2020, 18:46
Advanced
March 16, 2014, 13:32
Normal topicDroplet questions

I just installed v6.0, and now I have the Yate Droplet in my Open With menu. Using it throws an error: "Damaged file. This Yate droplet is missing its configuration information"

Questions:
1) Can I remove the droplet from my Open With menu?
2) The droplet doesn't appear in my applications folder, so can it be removed?
3) If I wanted to use it, how does it work?

Thanks,
Tim

2MR2PostAugust 21, 2020, 19:08
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Droplet questions

Hi,

The Yate Droplet is in fact a partial application which is sort of completed when a droplet is produced in Yate. As the droplet's respond to the dragging of various file types there is no way to remove it from the Finder's Open With menu. ... at least as far as I know...

The message you're receiving is from the copy of the droplet file which is used to produce the others. If you did an Open With onto a droplet file produced by yate it would work as expected.

Droplets are small applications which take the files/folders dragged onto their icons which set a specific Yate Open Mode and run a designated action. They work when Yate is running or not. Droplets are created in Preferences-General-Droplets where there is additional information in the online help.

timpPostAugust 21, 2020, 19:15
Advanced
March 16, 2014, 13:32

Got it, thanks for that info. I wasn't sure where to find the droplet menu, but now I do. I created one, but noticed that you can only have it do one action. Any plans to have a droplet perform multiple actions?

2MR2PostAugust 21, 2020, 19:30
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Any action can call any number of other actions. You can always create an action which does nothing but call a bunch of others.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.