Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
two versions (SACD and CD) of the same album shows as one album in database report
pacoinmassPostNovember 16, 2020, 22:16
Beginner
July 24, 2015, 01:03
Normal topictwo versions (SACD and CD) of the same album shows as one album in database report

I've been exporting an album database with certain fields to review for data entry errors, etc. The .csv report works well and shows 1 entry per row for all albums except an album for which which I have .dsf and .flac files from an SACD and CD, respectively. Rather than showing as two lines with "SACD" and "CD" in the "Media Type" field, the report shows "???" in the "Media Type" field in the csv report.

I tried assiging Yate Album IDs to the two albums but the same Yate Album ID was assigned to both versions.

I should note that both sets of files are int he same folder: \Mingus, Charles\Mingus Ah Um. Should I create two folders rather than place both version in the same folder?

Or Is there another solution? Thx for your help.

2MR2PostNovember 16, 2020, 22:35
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: two versions (SACD and CD) of the same album shows as one album in database report

The albums are being merged as they have the same album name and are in the same folder. The logic ignores the file type. I have some albums which have multiple audio types as that was the only way I could complete them and I didn't want to re-encode the already lossy files.

The only way around the issue is to move the albums to different folders. I'm a big believer in keeping complete albums in a single folder without separate disc subfolders.

pacoinmassPostNovember 16, 2020, 23:13
Beginner
July 24, 2015, 01:03
Normal topicRe: two versions (SACD and CD) of the same album shows as one album in database report

Thx for verifying. I’m also a believer in not having sub folders. I’ll move the CD flac files to a new folder with a new album name. Thx.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.019 seconds.