Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
MOVE Error - permissions
torxPostJanuary 21, 2021, 21:03
January 22, 2021, 01:54
Normal topicMOVE Error - permissions

I have just switched music servers but the configuration is the same. When i do a YATE workflow which involves moving files to a shared network folder, I get the error:

Move
Error creating path
You don’t have permission.

I can create a folder and create and delete files from the FINDER with no problem.

2MR2PostJanuary 21, 2021, 21:36
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

The configuration for the two servers may be the same but the OS thinks something is different.

The Finder can have permissions that an application does not. Yate does not directly handle any file operations but rather calls OS routines to do the functionality. In this case the error message is coming from the OS.

The path can't be created so Yate does not have permission to create a path in the desired location. If you manually create the path, does the Move work? Regardless as to if it works, it will tell you something. Further, can Yate read files on the server?

I don't know what version of the OS you're using but it might be possible that you have to give Yate permission in System Preferences-Security & Privacy. Typically the OS prompts you when permission is required. Try giving Yate Full Disk Access in the Files and Folders section. Depending on the version of the OS, you can only do this when prompted by the OS. Either that or there really is a permission issue on the server.

torxPostJanuary 21, 2021, 22:25

Thank you for the reply - I can create a folder and if I send the files from YATE there, it works fine. I'm on Big Sur and going to an AFP/Netatalk share on Debian. I'll check the permissions on the new folder and see if I need to adjust the the files on the share.

2MR2PostJanuary 21, 2021, 22:37
Administrator

Hmm... If I remember correctly AFP was first deprecated around 2013. This could be an issue with Big Sur and its AFP implementation. You might try switching to SMB2.

torxPostJanuary 22, 2021, 00:07

SMB2 is so slow that it makes it unusable. I had it working on the old server with AFP for years and is very fast! I checked the permissions of a newly created folder that works with YATE vs the existing music folder that doesn't work:

New folder "TEST 2" (working)

# file: test 2/
# owner: nobody
# group: users
# flags: -s-
user::rwx
user:pi:rwx
user:airsonic:rwx
group::r-x
group:pi:rwx
mask::rwx
other::r-x
default:user::rwx
default:user:pi:rwx
default:user:airsonic:rwx
default:group::rwx
default:group:pi:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::rwx

"Music" folder (not working)

# file: music/
# owner: pi
# group: users
# flags: -s-
user::rwx
group::rwx
other::r-x

is it these extended attributes that is making it work?

2MR2PostJanuary 22, 2021, 08:44
Administrator

Unfortunately I have no idea. Yate just issues a create directory with intermediates function (no attributes specified).

Do you have the Mac's Music folder mapped to the Music folder that you're attempting to write? If so, you will more than likely have to grant Yate "Full Disk Access".

torxPostJanuary 22, 2021, 12:32

I do - thank you for your help. This looks to be more of a network issue than yate. Again thank you!

pruchaiPostJanuary 25, 2021, 07:18
September 3, 2020, 11:21

i had the same issue. Are you using OMV by any chance?

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.