Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3
Beatport importer issues
pruchaiPostJanuary 25, 2021, 07:41
September 3, 2020, 11:21
Hot topicBeatport importer issues

Hi there.

Over the past few weeks, but a few weeks after Beatport API update, Beatport importer lookup ability deteriorated to a significant degree. I am using single track as an example, but out of 4 tracks in the same release, 2 are no match and 2 are not even close to the correct producer name.

File
Name: 98U - Exceed.aiff

Metadata in Yate:
Artist: 98U
Title: Exceed
Album: Siempre
Year: 2017

Beatport URL: https://www.beatport.com/release/siempre/1935816

2MR2PostJanuary 25, 2021, 11:18
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

I'm issuing a variety of calls to get the appropriate results. I've also attempted to search for the individual tracks and the release inside their API tester to ensure that Yate is not messing up. I did not get better results for any combination of parameters. It seems to be an indexing issue or data availability issue. When they moved to the new API everything was reindexed and there were some changes I noticed such as the inclusion (or not) of a mix name in the title.

I'll reach out to them and get back to you when and if I get an answer.

2MR2PostJanuary 25, 2021, 11:42
Administrator

I've verified that the tracks are accessible if the track IDs are in place. Obviously obtaining the track IDs for every track and manually entering the metadata (or renaming the files) is not an option. I'm only mentioning it to point out that the data is available. I've fired off a query with sample access URLs asking why there are no results from the various search APIs.

pruchaiPostJanuary 25, 2021, 17:34

Thank you for looking into this! I really appreciate it.

Also, would it be possible to make things editable in the Beatport Inspector windows? Sometimes lookups fail when Artist field is set to "Artist One Artist Two", so i have to cancel the whole thing, go back to the file list and add a comma "Artist One, Artist Two" and it works after that. Would be nice to do it all in the same window.

Another thing, and its my fault, really, when i do lookups on many tracks, I sometimes do not notice false positives, which do happen very often after they changed their API, and not notice is until later, after files renamed and metadata saved, so i have to figure out what that track really is. Any way to have some kind of option that would require manual approval of anything thats 80% or less similar?

2MR2PostJanuary 25, 2021, 17:40
Administrator

There are matching issues with the new API. I reached out to them today.

I'll look into editing and making the 'matching' more stringent.

2MR2PostJanuary 26, 2021, 10:45
Administrator

It seems as if the results from searches has degraded significantly since the new API support was released. This is more than likely due to 'scope' issues when using the API. I encountered this issue when first doing the implementation and it was fixed. I've reached out to Beatport for support and I'm sure I'll hear back from them in a few days.

Once fixed, the bulk of the mismatch issues should be resolved. Once I again have properly working searches I'll investigate how the code can be tweaked to further eliminate false matches.

pruchaiPostJanuary 27, 2021, 08:09

Yeah, its all kinds of broken at this moment. Hopefully they fix it soon.

2MR2PostJanuary 27, 2021, 19:26
Administrator

I haven't heard from them yet but it seems as if something has been fixed. I just tried your track #3 and it successfully matched. All my test files seem to be working now.

2MR2PostJanuary 28, 2021, 09:44
Administrator

At least partial degradation this morning. I guess they're actively working on the issue.

pruchaiPostJanuary 29, 2021, 18:56

Man, I have no idea what is going on there at Beat Port

The first image is from yesterday. Close, but it would not pull those 2 tracks correctly no matter what I did.

The second screenshot is from 2 minutes ago.

Pages: 1 2 3
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.038 seconds.