Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Launch only "Artwork viewer"
HenioPostFebruary 14, 2021, 02:39
October 25, 2018, 16:34
Normal topicLaunch only "Artwork viewer"

Hi,

Is any way to launch ONLY "Artwork viewer" window from command line, with audio filename as parameter?

I'd like use that as fast artwork viewer, for current playing song - via Keyboard Maestro shortcut:-)

Regards,
Tomek

2MR2PostFebruary 14, 2021, 11:03
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Nope. It wouldn't work more than once even if there was a way. Yate currently can be passed files by the 'Open With' mechanism used by the Finder. Yate interprets this as a request to open the files.

However ..... it should be possible to write a tiny CLI application which does nothing except pass Yate an image or audio file which is then opened in the Artwork Viewer. If Yate wasn't running, the main window would be displayed. However, if it was already running and minimized it would not pop up.

This is not a lot of work and I'll add it to my list. It will require a small change in Yate to receive the request, so it won't happen until the next release at the earliest.

Basically instead of calling Yate from a command line, you'd call this new CLI application instead.

HenioPostFebruary 14, 2021, 12:38

Thank you very much.
I'll be waiting:-)

2MR2PostFebruary 14, 2021, 17:23
Administrator

Done 🙂

/Applications/Yate/Contents/MacOS/yate-cli -av absoluteFilePath

will open an image or audio file and display it in the Artwork Viewer.

Already in the code for the next release.

2MR2PostFebruary 15, 2021, 08:24
Administrator

Actually it's /Applications/Yate.app/Contents/MacOS/yate-cli -av absoluteFilePath

I've also ensured that the Finder 'Open With' methodology will do the same with artwork files. So if you do an 'Open With' on a jpg file in the Finder selectingYate, it will open in the Artwork Viewer.

HenioPostMarch 23, 2021, 07:14

Thank you!!!
It working.
In my case Yate must by running before.
It's no problem with Keyboard Maestro.

2MR2PostMarch 23, 2021, 07:55
Administrator

The issue if Yate is not running is timing. If Yate is not running I have to launch it first. For that scenario I have a one second delay after launching before I try and open the artwork. There is no fixed value which will work as the command line app and Yate are two different applications. I don't know if Keyboard Maestro can pass commands by the Finder Open-With mechanism. If it can, the issue will disappear as those loads are handled by Yate and it appropriately delays.

On the next patch or release I'll add another parameter where you can specify the delay.

2MR2PostMarch 23, 2021, 09:51
Administrator

I've solved the delay issue. When I first wrote the cli app, Yate did not support the loading of images via Finder Open-With. Now that it does I can simplify the process and allow the cli app to load any file or folder. This method works as the OS ensures that the application is fully loaded.

I'll still allow -av but the new version will prefer -f

It'll be in the next patch or release.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.