Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
LastFM Sample Actions
tnayakPostMarch 17, 2021, 00:37
September 25, 2019, 23:56
Hot topicLastFM Sample Actions

Does anyone use the Sample Actions for Last FM. I think that I have it configured correctly -- when I manually run the "Last.fm Display Available Metadata in Log Viewer" I see the following results, but can't figure out how to update my Genre, Year & Decades tags with this information (I don't want the Dregs).

I tried running the Last.fm Sample action, but it only updates the decades tag for a few tracks.

What am I doing wrong?

I've attached a copies of my database files and a screenshot of my Last.fm Suite runtime settings.
----------------------------------------

Last.fm Display Available Metadata in Log Viewer

Track = /Users/snayak/Sync/Sonos/Music/3 Doors Down/Away from the Sun/Here Without You_PN.mp3

Genres = Rock, Alternative Rock, Alternative, Hard Rock, Indie, Classic Rock, Progressive Rock, Soft Rock, Soundtrack, Heavy Metal, Metal, Pop, Acoustic, Southern Rock, Slow Rock, Ballad, Power Ballad, Grunge, Punk

Years = 2002, 2004

Decades = 2000s, 1990s, 1960s

Dregs = albums I own, 3 Doors Down, post-grunge, favourite albums, Love, alternative metal, 3doors down, favorites, alt metal, away from the sun, 3dd, test, chill, emo, indie rock…

Track = /Users/snayak/Sync/Sonos/Music/3 Doors Down/Away from the Sun/When I'm Gone_PN.mp3

Genres = Rock, Alternative Rock, Alternative, Hard Rock, Indie, Classic Rock, Progressive Rock, Soft Rock, Soundtrack, Heavy Metal, Metal, Pop, Acoustic, Southern Rock, Slow Rock, Ballad

Years = 2002, 2004

Decades = 2000s, 1990s, 1960s, 2000s

Dregs = albums I own, 3 Doors Down, post-grunge, favourite albums, Love, alternative metal, 3doors down, favorites, alt metal, away from the sun, 3dd, test, chill, emo, indie rock…

2MR2PostMarch 17, 2021, 09:34
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

It could be any number of things. When you run any of the actions on a number of files at once you might be seeing results for specific tracks in the training database. Decade may not be available for some of the tracks. Only the first fifty tags are downloaded for any search. This has to be done as there literally could be thousands of tags associated with an entity on last.fm. The issue is not in your database as Decades are not kept there.

Also, the Sample action does not overwrite existing data for Decade.

Send the Artist, Title and Album metadata for a song that you think is not working and I'll have a look.

BTW: if you already have Year populated, the Decade metadata can always be synthesized without hitting last.fm.

tnayakPostMarch 21, 2021, 19:27

Hi, thanks for you help. I think the issue with "Decade" was a function of the tracks that I selected. Which action do I need to update to copy the Year & Genre(s) from the LastFM search results to the tag?

2MR2PostMarch 21, 2021, 20:05
Administrator

The Last.fm Sample action is designed to be modified. Duplicate the action and rename it to whatever you'd like. This is to avoid having your changes overwritten if an update is installed. Every line sets a named variable. Change the value to 0 if you do not want the associated metadata. For a description of the meaning of the values see line 3 in the Last.fm Suite Helper: Extract Metadata action.

tnayakPostMarch 23, 2021, 17:34

Thanks, it's works when the Genre Mode is set to 1 or 2 but NOT 3. When it's set to 3, it doesn't write the Year or Decade tag wither.

Also, I can't get the Mood tag to populate, but they may not exist for the tracks in my music library. I sampled the results for a bunch of them in the Viewer and didn't see Mood listed for any of them.

One little nit you may want to fix with your next update. The Last.fm Suite Helper: Append Genres Action is set to use the <Mood Join> instead of <Genre Join>.

2MR2PostMarch 23, 2021, 17:53
Administrator

Good catch. I'll look for the problem with the Genre==3 issue and then patch them.

2MR2PostMarch 23, 2021, 18:04
Administrator

Last.fm Suite Helper: Overwrite Genre (1) if Missing line 4 should be:

Copy named variable 'temp' if not empty to the Genre field only if empty

That's the Genre==3 error.

I've also fixed Last.fm Suite Helper: Append Genres Action to use the correct join. I'll post the patch later today.

Thanks for finding these!

tnayakPostMarch 28, 2021, 17:38

Hi, I don't know what I did, but I set the genre join = ", ", but it looks like this when I run the action. I tried setting other delimiters "-" and installing the latest version of the LastFM Suite, but the results were the same.

Pop⏎Disco⏎Synthpop⏎Dance⏎Electronic⏎Funk⏎House

2MR2PostMarch 28, 2021, 18:36
Administrator

Sorry about that. This action suite has ben the bane of my existence this weekend. 🙁 Too many patches generated too fast.

It's fixed now. Do a Yate>Check for Action Updates to get v1.6. We'll see if this version will hold for a while.

tnayakPostApril 8, 2021, 15:09

Please take a look at the Actions for the Mods fields - it doesn't seem to be working. I tested in on tracks where it had previously populated the field, but now it coming back empty.

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.