Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
File to Tag issue
TifferPostApril 18, 2021, 18:00
September 19, 2019, 14:57
Normal topicFile to Tag issue

I'm having an issue finding the right formatting in the File to Tag section for the results I want. So try as I might I cannot get the formating right to tag the songs correctly from a set of folders displayed like this in Yate:

/Users/chris/Downloads/Usenet Completed/Now That's What I Call Music - Collection 1983-2020 239 ALBUMS MP3 Part 1/1986 - Various Artists - NOW That's What I Call Music - Volume 07 [2CD]/CD2/01 - Wham - The Edge Of Heaven.mp3

If I could be given the full line of Tokens to use I'd be most grateful. The Infomation that I need to pull from the folder and file name is just the following:

Everything up to and including "Part 1" ignored/Year - <Ignore Various Artists> - Album Name - Album Number (As part of Album name ideally) <Ignore [2CD]>/Disc No (CD02)/Track No (01) - Artist - Title.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Kind regards
Chris.

2MR2PostApril 18, 2021, 18:44
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

This is what I'm getting for the sample path you gave:

Album: NOW That's What I Call Music - Volume 07
Artist: Wham
Disc: 2
Title: The Edge Of Heaven
Track: 1
Year: 1986

If that's not correct let me know. The tokens are:

❨Track❩·-·❨Artist❩·-·❨Title❩

❨Folder Start❩

CD❨Disc❩

❨Folder Start❩

❨Year❩·-·❨Ignore❩·-·❨Album❩·[

I've uploaded the template to:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Tiffer-FTT.zip

as I'm sure the formatting will be messed up in the email and post. 🙁

TifferPostApril 19, 2021, 03:44

Many thanks 2MR2 that worked perfectly.

Kind regards,
Chris

TifferPostApril 19, 2021, 04:47

Hi 2MR2

Just another question, but is there any way to refine this further, so that where it reads the Album field as in the example above "Album: NOW That's What I Call Music - Volume 07" it then writes this as "Album: Now Music 07" in the Album Field?

2MR2PostApril 19, 2021, 08:07
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

There is no concept of appending to a field in File to Tag Templates. However it is an interesting one.

To solve the issue you need an action to post process the Album field. Download:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Tiffer-FTT-2.zip

It has a small two line action named Tiffer - FTT - 2. (You can rename it in the Action Manager). It's a simple two line action. The first line calls the File to Tag Template to do the heavy lifting and then adjusts the Album field on the second line.

Just call the action as opposed to directly invoking the template.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.