Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
Formatting values
kettykruegerPostNovember 11, 2021, 05:49
November 11, 2021, 09:10
Normal topicFormatting values

Hey there

Awesome app!

I'd like to format the Sample Rate to decimal so the value is '44.1Khz' instead of the default value of Sample Rate which is '44100'. What's the best way of doing this?

Also, can I also format the Bit Rate? Currently, it's shown as an integer then 'VBR' for my variable rate FLAC files. Could I format this to show '950kbps'?

Finally, is it possible to use the Media Type in file file renaming? Can't seem to locate it.

Cheers in advance.

2MR2PostNovember 11, 2021, 10:34
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Sample Rate and Bit Rate are properties and are displayed in a fixed format. It largely depends on what you want to do with the values. You can produce a different display value easily in an action and use the produced value when renaming or any other place.

Media Type is not directly supported in rename templates however Variable 0 through Variable 15 are supported. If you assign Media Type to a variable you can use it when renaming. The same holds for the modified variants of Sample Rate and Bit Rate.

The attached screen shots show a sample action and rename template which use the modified Sample Rate, modified Bit Rate and Media Type.

Once the action is created you can put it on the Rename menu. You do this in the Action Manager by setting the action's menu column.

kettykruegerPostNovember 11, 2021, 14:50

Awesome, thank you!

In the expression, does '\v1' refer to variable 1? I tried the division myself but it didn't work 😳

2MR2PostNovember 12, 2021, 07:08
Administrator

Yes the backslash is required. Here's a link to the action:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/FormattingSampleandBitRate.zip

You can copy and paste the statements (or drag them) to your version.

kettykruegerPostNovember 12, 2021, 10:03

Great, thank you.

Last question, can I insert a prompt into an action that requests the genre, then the only options available are ones I've defined in a list? So only a drop-down list is shown, and the selected value is inserted into the genre field?

I've had a look at the documentation but can't make sense of it.

Thanks in advance.

2MR2PostNovember 12, 2021, 11:28
Administrator

Download the action at:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/SamplePromptWithMenu.zip

It's documented and shows how to use menu items which exit immediately as well as those which force you to Continue.

kettykruegerPostNovember 17, 2021, 10:19

Many thanks for your replies so far.

Is there a way to extract the MusicBrainz Release Type? By that, I mean album, ep, etc.

2MR2PostNovember 17, 2021, 11:03
Administrator

Depends what you mean by extract. If you want to read a release type that you've already downloaded it is in a UDTI named MusicBrainz Release Type. You can use the User Defined Fields statement to read it to a track variable or you can use an escape sequence to extract it. The escape sequence can be inserted in an action text field from the context menu via Insert Common UDTI>MusicBrainz>MusicBrainz Release Type

If you want to automate the searching and downloading of the metadata there is an action suite named Search Discogs/MusicBrainz on the resources web page.

kettykruegerPostNovember 19, 2021, 14:45

Awesome, thanks again.

I think this will be my last question, and I appreciate all your help.

How do I do bulk text replacements? See my attachment. I'm trying to add a few words to replace but it doesn't seem to work!

2MR2PostNovember 19, 2021, 15:14
Administrator

I'm not sure what you're attempting to do. There are no fields selected. You have the 'replace' and the 'with' fields set, but there is no selection as to which fields you want to modify.

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.04 seconds.