Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Importing Mood into Roon Tags or Subgenres?
downbeat8PostMarch 2, 2022, 19:58
Beginner
October 5, 2014, 04:55
Normal topicImporting Mood into Roon Tags or Subgenres?

Hi - More library is organized by using generic Genres an then adding tags to the Grouping field. For example
Genre=Jazz
Grouping= Soul-Jazz, Jazz-Funk
Either I copy the Discogs Mood data to the Grouping field or manually enter it.
How can I translate those tags into Roon? Can I make a custom field that Roon can import into one of it's File Tags? TXXX, PDQ or whatever? Or is there a workaround somrthing-something you suggest? I've spent hundreds of hours obsessing over the metadata in my library and I'd love love love to be able to translate that to Roon. Evertyhing translates great except the subgenre tags I have in the Yae Grouping Field.

Thank you tons!

2MR2PostMarch 2, 2022, 21:01
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

I don't think that there is any way to force Roon to import your Groupings. IRoon will read ROONALBUMTAG and ROONTRACKTAG.

https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/tags#Tag_Browser

Custom fields are defined for these tags if you import the Roon custom panel. You will have custom fields named Roon Album Tag and Roon Track Tag.

If you copied your Grouping tag to one of these, the tags should appear associated with the Album or Track (depending on which or both you set).

Copying Grouping to Roon Album Tag and/or Roon Track Tag is a simple action which can be run through the Batch Processor. Try it manually first and reach out if you need help with the action.

downbeat8PostMarch 3, 2022, 21:04
Beginner

Works! Thank you

downbeat8PostMarch 3, 2022, 21:28
Beginner

The only problem, and this is a Roon thing not Yate, is Roon doesn't allow for importing of multiple values for ROONALBUMTAG and ROONTRACKTAG. It does allow this artist, composer, label and genre - but not ROONALBUMTAG and ROONTRACKTAG. haha! life is ridiculous - always something to negotiate. thanks again for your help

2MR2PostMarch 3, 2022, 22:14
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

It more than likely work if you set ROONALBUMTAB and/or ROONTRACKTAG where multiple items are comma separated as opposed to using the multi value delimiter which will cause multiple tags to be generated. Roon will probably accept 'Soul-Jazz, Jazz-Funk' as a single item. You won't be able to sort on individual components but at least you will be able to see it.

downbeat8PostMarch 5, 2022, 01:27
Beginner

Thanks for the always prompt responses!
Looks like I was wrong. https://community.roonlabs.com/t/update-roonalbumtag-to-allow-importing-of-album-ratings-and-other-data/85390/11?\
I've tested and it does work using semicolons. Now I just need to batch replace commas with semicolons and copy to ROONALBUMTAB.
super appreciate you and Yate. cheers

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.