Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
A way to view/edit all existing tags?
gorilladunkPostMarch 24, 2022, 01:38
October 8, 2015, 04:43
Normal topicA way to view/edit all existing tags?

I've got the "year" field mapped to DATE in the flac mappings settings, and "original release time" mapped to "ORIGINALDATE". I have these set to conform with two other programs I use, they don't have flexibility and require those specific tags.

I have some files here that read "2016" in the year field in yate, but when I open the files in another program (kid3) the date field reads "2016/12/03". Because of this, my music player shows that date, 2016/12/03. I'm guessing maybe yate is not letting me see anything passed 4 characters in the year field, so they don't show up. Original release time lets me see/write more than 4 characters, but I don't want to change the value of that field.

I want this tag (date) to show only the year, 2016. Is there any way in yate to just see/edit a plain list of all existing tags in files so I can fix this? Or maybe there's a better way? As of right now the only way I know is to use another program, which I'd prefer to just delete.

Thanks 🙂

2MR2PostMarch 24, 2022, 05:44
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicA way to view/edit all existing tags?

This goes back to the the state of players in 2012 (mostly iTunes). There is a setting in Preferences - File List named Do not enforce formatting of the Year field. If you check (enable) the setting, Year fields will not be truncated when displayed. I think in the next release I will change the default value to checked. I'll also force the option on and let users know that they can put it back to the old value if desired.

Also ... as of Yate v6.9 there is an editing panel named All Tags. On this panel, no formatting is applied.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.