Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
Adding something into the middle of a line
SnowdogPostApril 5, 2022, 16:40
Pro
March 15, 2022, 17:12
Normal topicAdding something into the middle of a line

I'm pretty sure this won't be possible, but before I go ahead & do it manually, just for a laugh, let's see whether or not I'm right.

I've attached a screenshot.

I've successfully edited the previous disc (green dots) because it was so bad to start with, there was plenty for me to get hold of for a bunch of "find & replace" command to bring it into line.

The second disc is tagged pretty well. Having tarted up a few inconsistencies, I'm now left with needing a colon after the "No.00" before the song title.

I guess I'd effectively be saying "turn the first word space after 'No.' into colon-word space" but I wouldn't have a clue how to do that or if it's even possible.

What say ye?

2MR2PostApril 5, 2022, 16:54
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Everything is possible. Do you want it changed in the Title field where you can then rename or changed directly in the filename?

Changing Title can be done in the Multi Field Editor and you can then rename. Changing directly in the filename, requires a small action. If the filename is not the same as the Title field I need to know.

Let me know

SnowdogPostApril 5, 2022, 17:46
Pro

What you're seeing in the screen shot is the title field & I have my lovely little action that will throw that across into the file name field, preceded by disc & track numbers (because the file names are a total mess). 🙂

Does that help? Basically I just want to change the track name.

SnowdogPostApril 5, 2022, 17:48
Pro

Here's another screen shot showing more info. The track names currently have the performers in & once the title field is correct, my action will make the track names look like the album above, that's sorted already.

2MR2PostApril 5, 2022, 18:10
Administrator

This should do it and will not insert extract colons.

2MR2PostApril 5, 2022, 18:24
Administrator

Here's text you can copy:

Replace: ((No\.)(\d)+)(\:*)

with: $1:

SnowdogPostApril 6, 2022, 03:12
Pro

That's amazing, thank you.

I was hoping to have a solution that I could look at, understand & tweak for any future uses, (teach a man to fish & all that) but that just looks like gobbledygook to me.

Where should I go to reference all those bits & see how it works?

2MR2PostApril 6, 2022, 06:50
Administrator

The issue is that I provided a solution which is performed in the UI. The Multi Field Editor in this case. I used the Replace function with a regular expression.

I must confess that I have to painfully create regular expressions each time I use them. I use Yate's Regular Expression Tester which you can open directly from the MFE's Replace function. The eyeball button (preview). The tester lets you insert sequences from the context menu and well ... test things out.

If you do a Google search for 'regular expression primer' you'll find lots of help.

Don't get intimidated. As I implied, when it comes to regular expressions ... it's all gobbledygook to me as well.

SnowdogPostApril 7, 2022, 08:14
Pro

Thanks so much. (I really need to sort out my notifications. Nothing's letting me know you've replied.)

SnowdogPostApril 7, 2022, 08:17
Pro

I see there's a subscribe button at the top. Can I globally elect to get notified of replies to anything I post or do I need to subscribe each time?

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.