Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
A much more complicated action, working on my folder heirarchy.
SnowdogPostApril 17, 2022, 07:29
Pro
March 15, 2022, 17:12
Normal topicA much more complicated action, working on my folder heirarchy.

Right, I'm not sure this will be possible, but as always, it's worth an ask.

I have a box set that came to me as a set of .ape files, one for each full album.

I used my splitter with the cue files to create a subfolder of FLACs in each disc's folder.

What I normally have to do at this point is to go through each folder, drag the tracks out into the holding folder & then delete the sub folder.

Is there an action that will automate this process & which I can then edit for the differently named holding & subfolders in subsequent box sets?

It looks like this in my Finder:

SnowdogPostApril 17, 2022, 07:30
Pro

I need it to be like this:

SnowdogPostApril 17, 2022, 07:56
Pro

I suspect the problem with this is going to be that the action needs to be run on the tracks & the tracks don't show in Yate when they're in a subfolder.

Here, on the left, are the folders I want the tracks to be in & then, when I drag them into the editing area, only one set of tracks shows... The ones I removed from their subfolder for the second screen shot above.

2MR2PostApril 17, 2022, 08:29
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Yate can load subfolders. Read up on the Open Mode. The Open Mode can be on the toolbar and is on the File Menu.

What you're asking for can be done. The files can be moved up one folder. The easiest way would be to load all the folders (Decca Sound) which would get all the files in. (Again see the Open Mode. You want Process Subfolders enabled). You'd then need an action to move the tracks up one folder deleting the then empty folders. This is a one line action and it would do the entire box set at once.

Go to the Action Manager and create a new action. Add a Move statement. Configure the Move statement to be exactly as in the screenshot. You'll only have to set to items: Relative to 1 and enabled the Delete empty folder checkbox. Save the action.

Enable Process Subfolders in the Open Mode. Drag all the Decca folders from the finder into Yate. All files in the dragged folder and any subfolders will be loaded. (It's a good idea to turn off Process Subfolders when you no longer want it).

Run the action you just created. Remember .... all loaded files will be moved up one folder so don't have anything loaded where you don't want it done.

SnowdogPostApril 17, 2022, 10:34
Pro

Thanks, that worked perfectly! I feel like I need to celebrate somehow!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.