Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Export Images
aronsonPostJuly 4, 2022, 21:13
Beginner
March 20, 2019, 19:23
Normal topicExport Images

Roon does not see multiple embedded artworks in files. Bummer.

Is it possible to export all of the artwork contained in files to their folder? For extra credit can the export only export unique images?

Thanks!
Adam

2MR2PostJuly 4, 2022, 21:58
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

There is an action statement named Artwork to Folder which is designed to be extremely efficient when exporting artwork from multiple selected files.

I'm assuming that you want to export all artwork except the default (first) artwork item. If you want to export all it's a trivial change. I'm also assuming that you want to remove all artwork from the files except the default (first) image.

I've written an action named Export and Remove Artwork. It can be downloaded at:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Export-and-Remove-Artwork.zip

The action text (without the Version statement) is as follows:

Save all but first artwork item to folder './' name 'album - index'
Clean multiple items in Artwork
# Save selected files if modified or has too much free space

The first statement is Artwork to Folder. The second is Clean Multiple Item Fields. There is a Save statement in the action but it is disabled as I assume you want to test first. The Save statement will reclaim the space when artwork is removed. If you wish you can do this manually via File>Saved Selected Files>Save Freeing Space if Modified.

2MR2PostJuly 4, 2022, 22:02
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

I forgot to mention that the uniqueness is only guaranteed if you do all files in a folder at the same time. If you do one file at a time, you will get duplicates.

aronsonPostJuly 5, 2022, 09:57
Beginner
March 20, 2019, 19:23

Incredible, thank you!!!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.