Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Linking to Apple Music
ranzzitPostJuly 19, 2022, 08:39
June 16, 2016, 16:32
Normal topicLinking to Apple Music

Hi, firstly thank you for this amazing, life saving tool 🙂 I have a library with around 7000 songs. I haven't yet linked Yate to Apple Music. I use Yate to edit the metadata of songs before I add it to my Apple Music library.

This is how I typically work - I keep my mp3s in a staging folder (temporary folder) and make changes to the metadata as per some rules. After I am happy about the metadata of a file, I then save it and move it to a corresponding Apple Music folder (Again based on some rules, some files go to specific folders inside Apple Music’s music folder).

Then I go to Apple Music and do File -> Add to Library and add those files to Apple Music.

So my question is regarding Link to Apple Music feature. Once I link to Apple Music, would all the files I open in Yate going forward get automatically linked? For example, if I have a set of mp3s in a folder (a staging folder) which I use to correct the metadata before actually adding it to Apple Music, I wouldn’t want it to be linked to Apple Music before I add it to my library. How would this work?

2MR2PostJuly 19, 2022, 09:00
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicLinking to Apple Music

Linking is a transient process. Every time a file is loaded, unless it is dragged in from the Music application, it has to be linked.

I work similarly to you. I work in a staging folder as well. However, I add the files to the Music application via Yate than move the files to where I want them, again with Yate. The Music application is automatically updated when the linked files are moved. All of this requires the saving of the Apple PIDs in the files. There's quite a bit of built in help and another document called Working with Apple Apps - The Basics which can be found on the web resources page (accessible from the Help menu).

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.