Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
how to delete album and track rating in a batch
ThijsAPostAugust 9, 2022, 07:54
August 9, 2022, 11:32
Normal topichow to delete album and track rating in a batch

Somehow (Audirvana?) ratings are set for Albums and Tracks. Whatever the cause, how can have Yate (1) find all files with Albumratings and (2) delete all Albumratings and then (3) find all files with (track) Ratings and (4) delete all (track) Ratings, preferably in one go?

I tried to compose an Action however I cannot seem to find 'Ratings'

Is there any way I can remove all these ratings ?

2MR2PostAugust 9, 2022, 08:02
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

As far as I know Audirvana does not read the Album rating from the files. It is maintained only in their library. They may write the tag to the files but they do not read it ... unless something has changed recently.

You can delete the Rating in the UI using the Clear function with Rating selected in the field list. You can also use a Clear statement in an action with Rating selected.

You can try deleting any tags named: ALBUMRATING, ALBUM_RATING or AlbumRating. You can see these on the UD Text or All Tags editing panel. However, I found in the past that removing them made no difference.

ThijsAPostAugust 9, 2022, 08:10

Indeed, I find that sometimes some tags deleted with Yate are then not visable in Audirvana any more, while other times the ratings remain intact.
Deleting the content of the fields ALBUMRATING and RATING with DbPoweramp works most of time. However I have to this manually which with a large collection, is undoable.

2MR2PostAugust 9, 2022, 08:53
Administrator

Modifying the Rating in Yate is updating the rating in Audirvana ... I've just tried it. Audirvana sets ALBUM RATING, ALBUM_RATING, ALBUMRATING and AlbumRating depending on the audio format. However deleting these fields does not seem to do anything in Audirvana. Setting them to 0 does nothing as well. I seem to remember talking to them about this and being told that Album Rating is not not read.

2MR2PostAugust 9, 2022, 11:16
Administrator

I've added two actions bundled under Set Audirvana Album Rating on the web resources page. One is user facing and the other is designed to be called from an action.

The actions use a custom field named Audirvana Album Rating installed with the actions.

The actions set the new field appropriately for each audio encoding.

The effects of the actions will only be seen by Audirvana when the files are first loaded into Audirvana. I found the old email conversation I had with them about this issue:

Album rating is read from the files in Audirvana when the album entry is created in the database, so it is read with the first file of a new album that has the albumrating metadata.
So unless the user removes the album and moves it back to a synched folder, there is no way to get this updated after having updated the audio files metadata.

ThijsAPostAugust 9, 2022, 11:28

Great, many thanks! I will download it this evening.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.019 seconds.