Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
My action suddenly isn't working.
SnowdogPostAugust 26, 2022, 04:57
Pro
March 15, 2022, 17:12
Normal topicMy action suddenly isn't working.

Hi there.

I have an action the you wrote for me which will add the artwork from each of a set of folders to the tracks from that folder when a complete box set is selected.

I used it a couple of days ago on a Karajan box set. It worked a treat & saved me adding 87 album covers one at a time!

Last night, it wouldn't do the same thing to another box set & I'm wondering what conditions are different for it to not work.

I've added a screen shot of the folder structure & of the action. Are you able to tell from that?

SnowdogPostAugust 26, 2022, 04:58
Pro

Here is the Karajan folder structure by comparison.

SnowdogPostAugust 26, 2022, 05:01
Pro

And here is Yate with the result of running it on the Karajan set & the blank result I get from running it on the Bernstein set.

2MR2PostAugust 26, 2022, 07:29
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicMy action suddenly isn

I can't remember the particulars, but I remember that you had folders which contained multiple jpeg files and you only wanted to load the files whose name contained an 'a'. That's what the action is looking for ... a .jpg file which contains an 'a'. cover-01.jpg does not contain an 'a' so it's not being imported.

If your constraints have changed, we can always adjust the action....or simply rename cover-01.jpg to acover-01.jpg or anything containing an 'a' .

The action statement can be modified to load all artwork in a folder or to load a single file based on a pattern ... which is what we did the first time around ... or it can be changed to load only files containing an 'a' and if that fails it can look if there is only one artwork item and then load it anyways.

SnowdogPostAugust 26, 2022, 07:53
Pro

Ah, I see.

So it worked for the Karajan set because "a" happens to be in the name?

So if I were to always make sure that I only ever had one jpg file with the tracks (often, but not always, alongside a Photoshop layered psd file that I would've created in the process of getting a good enough jpg) & that any other scans are in a separate sub-folder, as per the attached image, how would the action need to be amended?

I assume the action would just need to be looking for a jpg?

2MR2PostAugust 26, 2022, 08:09
Administrator

It's a little more complicated than that. To do everything in a single statement, a single file must be matched by a pattern ... which cannot be empty. Alternately all files can be imported. Having a .psd and .jpg file in the same folder means there are two image files ... Yate can import each, so there's more than one.

If you want it to load as long as there is only a single jpg in the folder, ignoring other image types, it can be done ... but it's a little more work. What do you want to do if there is more than one jpg in a folder?

2MR2PostAugust 26, 2022, 08:12
Administrator

If you want to move the psd file into the Artwork folder the action can trivially be changed to import all artwork items in the folder ... ignoring subfolders.

I'm not looking to change your workflow ... it can be done either way.

SnowdogPostAugust 26, 2022, 08:25
Pro

I'd rather keep the PSD with the JPG so that I know when there is one. The Artwork subfolder can sometimes contain many, many irrelevant scans of boxes, outer packaging & discs that are nice to have but not relevant to the cover shot used in Roon, but the PSD sometimes needs tweaking if I don't get the colours right or if I come across better source material, etc. & I'd rather not have to go looking for it. 🙂

2MR2PostAugust 26, 2022, 11:42
Administrator

Ive written an action called Selectively Import jpg.

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Selectively-Import-jpg.zip

In each unique folder of all selected files, it will do the following:

• if a folder has one and only one jpg file, it will be imported to all selected audio files in the folder.
  • if there is more than one jpg, you will be prompted to select one. You can then chose to import a selected file or skip the folder.

All image file types except for jpg will be ignored.If you want the action to process all loaded files, as opposed to all selected files, do the following:

In the Action Manager, select the file and check the All Files column.

SnowdogPostAugust 26, 2022, 13:32
Pro

Sounds amazing, thanks so much!

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.