Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Question about Prompt for Field
ChuckClasikPostOctober 20, 2022, 12:21
Beginner
January 22, 2015, 22:06
Normal topicQuestion about Prompt for Field

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can help me along. I'm trying to write a script that will prompt me to select a field to copy from and prepend/append to another field if it has data. I'm using the Prompt for field functions for both the copy and paste to, but I can't get that to translate to any of the actual fields using Prompt for Fields Results and variables. Any insight would be much appreciated.!

2MR2PostOctober 20, 2022, 13:57
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Hi Chuck ...it's been a while.

Download the action at: https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Selective-Prepend---Append.zip

I've taken you literally. You select a single source and destination field and then prepend or append the source field to the destination (only if the destination field is not empty). I didn't know how you wanted to separate the data so I used {space}-{space}. The separator is assigned on line 3.

The tricky part is that you have to indirectly assign and load the source and destination fields. To assign you use a Set Indirect statement and to load you need an escape sequences. There are far too many escape sequences for me to remember. I always take them off the context menu. In this case:

Insert Yate Escape Sequence>Field Values>Value of Field in Named Variable.

The action could easily be modified to present less fields; remember previous field, etc.

2MR2PostOctober 20, 2022, 16:59
Administrator

In Yate v6.12, over 50% of the action disappears. The Prompt for Fields can specify the constraint that exactly one field is required.

ChuckClasikPostOctober 20, 2022, 19:45
Beginner

Thanks sir!!! Indeed It's been a while.. I'm still at it. I've written many simple scripts to get me along. I just couldn't figure this one out!! As I come across things, I find Yate can get it done with a little work, but after that, it's a click of a button. Nothing matches it.. Thanks for your help and the greatness of Yate.

ChuckClasikPostOctober 20, 2022, 19:56
Beginner

I think my biggest fault is not understanding all the functions. I'm going through your code and it's making more sense. I have some unique music files I'm working with so I may be picking more of your brain..

2MR2PostOctober 20, 2022, 20:30
Administrator

Any time 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.031 seconds.