Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Cloud Status: Apple Music — pulling metadata from streaming library tracks
mdy8893PostFebruary 27, 2023, 10:48
July 26, 2019, 11:26
Normal topicCloud Status: Apple Music — pulling metadata from streaming library tracks

Hi there!

I'm looking for a way to pull in metadata from AM to Yate based on the [Cloud Status: Apple Music] tracks in my library. A bit of context:

I tend to add and stream new music direct from Apple Music. I'll give an album a few listens, change the grouping, maybe add a genre, add some loved tracks, etc. If I end up buying/ripping it, I'll upload lossless files into Yate and manually copy the data across from Apple Music.

What I'd like is for Yate to read the cloud-based items in my library, and pull across all of that. I've been playing around with the Apple Music Suite actions, but can't find this functionality. Is it possible..?

Thanks in advance!

2MR2PostFebruary 27, 2023, 11:12
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicCloud Status: Apple Music — pulling metadata from streaming library tracks

Sorry it's not possible. There is no programmatic access for Yate to read cloud based items 🙁

mdy8893PostFebruary 27, 2023, 11:35

Ah no worries at all, thanks for the reply.

Out of interest, do you think it might be possible to "paste" the data into Yate directly from the AM library? I notice that you can copy any selected (and visible) info from the AM library to the clipboard... I'm just wondering if there might be a way to get Yate to see that...?

Thanks again.

2MR2PostFebruary 27, 2023, 11:50
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

It certainly is possible as Yate can read the contents of the clipboard. It would have to be done by an action. There's a generic text importer action on the resources page but I'm fairly sure that the copied text is not entirely deterministic from AM.

I'm not sure on what display you're copying the metadata.

mdy8893PostFebruary 27, 2023, 12:02

Interesting, thanks for the info 2MR2, I'll take a proper look at the GTI 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.