Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Yate reads ALAC files as Part of a Compilation
DiskutantPostApril 22, 2023, 12:55
August 19, 2018, 10:09
Normal topicYate reads ALAC files as Part of a Compilation

I use xACT to convert files from FLAC to ALAC
xACT Website: http://xact.scottcbrown.org

When I open those ALAC files in Yate the "Part of a Compilation" checkbox is set. But other software, including Apple Music, don't read the compilation flag as set.

I thought this is a bug in xACT, but the author can't replicate it, as every other software shows the compilation flag as not set. So is this a bug in Yate, or is there some flag set that other software doesn't read but Yate does?

2MR2PostApril 22, 2023, 13:36
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Yate uses the MPEG-4 atom 'cpil' which is the standard boolean atom to represent Part of a Compilation in ALAC files.

I've just checked what xACT is doing and they're writing an ASCII '0' (48, 0x30) as the value. 'cpil' is a boolean field and should have a value of 0 or 1. As Yate has to do something with the atom, it treats all non zero values as true. Checking around I have found other taggers which do the same.

The value should be a binary 0 or 1.

DiskutantPostApril 24, 2023, 11:14
August 19, 2018, 10:09

Thank you, so it's a bug in xACT. I informed the author about your finding.

But also, shouldn't a boolean default to false if there is no value, or as in this case, a wrong value?

2MR2PostApril 24, 2023, 11:39
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Typically 0 is false and all other numeric values are true. When converting a number to a boolean value this is the way it works.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.