Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
[Solved] MP3 Finder Icon Artwork
DreamStaticPostDecember 10, 2013, 22:32
Beginner
October 26, 2013, 16:46
Normal topic[Solved] MP3 Finder Icon Artwork

I know in this last release you worked on a more aggressive method for replacing the folder icons and I must say it is working perfectly!! Excellent job - however, now the MP3 icon artwork does not show in the finder. I have loaded the file in other programs and the files have the artwork embedded it just isn't showing in the finder. Not a huge deal since I have the artwork on the folder but thought you would want to know. I have restarted the Finder to see if that helped and it did not. If you need me to offer further testing just let me know. Thanks for this awesome program, I just love it.

2MR2PostDecember 10, 2013, 22:50
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: MP3 Finder Icon Artwork

Yate does not set icons on audio files. The Finder extracts the icon from the files. It's working for me. Is it on all files or only on files newly modified?

I don't know how many icons you're setting on folders but perhaps you've run up against the dreaded full icon cache issue. Restarting the Finder will not help if this is the issue. If this is the problem you may also start noticing fuzzy icons.

I hate to say this....but try rebooting. If the artwork displays then you're pretty much guaranteed that was the problem.

If that doesn't work try the 'File Maintenance' action function on one or two files. That's helped some people.

If you have a second Mac, try one of the files on the other Mac. If the artwork doesn't display there.... send me a file 🙂

Let me know.

DreamStaticPostDecember 11, 2013, 00:07
Beginner
October 26, 2013, 16:46
Normal topicRe: MP3 Finder Icon Artwork

As usual, your knowledge has resolved the issue. I had done a lot of tagging and a reboot did fix the issue. False alarm. Thank you for wasting the time to reply to my issue as Yate was at NO fault at all. 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.