Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Calculate track & disc numbers using album titles.
SnowdogPostJune 4, 2023, 18:12
Pro
March 15, 2022, 17:12
Normal topicCalculate track & disc numbers using album titles.

So I have an unusual one here.

I have a 172 disc box set that has completely wrong track & disc numbering & nonsense album titles.

I've spent the weekend picking through the discs on Discogs, identifying the albums & correctly naming the folders in which the tracks reside in the finder. (Because the complete box set didn't exist in any one place with the discs in the right order.)

Having got a set of folders that sit in the right order in the finder (with tracks inside that are correctly numbered), I'm was able to go into Yate & order by Path, so that everything is in the correct order.

Next I used the copy function to bring the finder's album titles in as the album titles in Yate.

So far so good.

With no action available, my next task would be to select each album & use my shortcuts to number the tracks & the track total for each album. Having done that 172 times, I would then use my action to "calculate disc numbers using track numbers" to number the discs & finally I'd put "172" in the disc total.

But, now that the album titles are sorted with a unique name for each album & they are sorted into the correct order, it occurs to me that if there happened to be a handy genius lurking around somewhere, they might know a sneaky way of creating an action that would start at number 001 &, every time the album title changed, would create a new disc number as well as track numbering for each of the discs.

I've never had a set like this before & I doubt I'll ever get one again, but being 172 discs, it would save me an awful lot of time if this were achievable.

Is it achievable?

Here's a screen shot to show what I mean:

2MR2PostJune 4, 2023, 19:10
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

This one took less time than a cup of coffee 🙂

.... just make sure the tracks are correctly sorted.

As a bonus it sets the Disc Total and Track Total fields. Track Total is per disc.

download: https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Renumber-Disc-And-Track-Based-on-Album.zip

Nothing is saved ... so if I misunderstood you, you can revert. If you had pending changes before calling the action you can go back to exactly where you were before calling the action via Edit>Revert to Editing State. I'm marking the Editing state when the action first starts.

SnowdogPostJune 5, 2023, 07:16
Pro
March 15, 2022, 17:12

Haha! I think it was Arthur C. Clarke who said "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". 🙂

Thank you!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.