Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Taking characters from folder name & adding to cover
SnowdogPostJuly 6, 2023, 08:52
Pro
March 15, 2022, 17:12
Normal topicTaking characters from folder name & adding to cover

Well, either the folder name or the album title because they're the same.

Another niche request.

I have a set of albums and each folder contains an image called "Cover.jpg" (1st screenshot).

I would like to re-name them by adding the first 5 characters of the folder name to the cover image name, followed by an underscore (2nd screenshot) such that Cover.jpg becomes XXXXX_Cover.jpg.

The album title is copied in from the folder name, so the same 5 characters exist there, too, if it's easier? (3rd screenshot.)

"Simple" as that.

(I will re-name the image in the second screenshot back to "Cover" before I run the action, so there doesn't need to be anything in there to allow for "if something isn't "Cover", if you see what I mean?)

It could be handy to get a warning if a folder doesn't contain an image called Cover.jpg in case I missed any.

I assume there's nothing that exists in Yate that will do this out of the box?

Also, I can't think of anything that could be done with this request that would allow for taking parts of any given field & adding them to an image name that would help me on another occasion where the precise conditions might be different. You may be able to, of course. 😉

The forum seems to be glitching on this topic

The action is at:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Extract-Text-and-Prepend-to-Image-File.zip

SnowdogPostJuly 6, 2023, 12:13
Pro

Wow, thanks!

SnowdogPostJuly 6, 2023, 13:32
Pro

Perfect! I think with that set up of options, that will be a very useful action.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.