Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Weird issue on new machine - opening multiple albums
killerbansheePostAugust 3, 2023, 19:03
February 11, 2023, 00:20
Normal topicWeird issue on new machine - opening multiple albums

We just had to do an emergency migration of our listening stack computer. When I installed & setup Yate, I am having a problem I haven't seen before.

(Old machine- MacBook Air 2012,
Yate: not sure what version was on old machine, but I think 6.12.x
'New' machine- 2018 iMac.
Yate: on new machine: 6.16.1 )

Previously/expected: When I opened multiple album selections, it opened *all of them* in the main window. Even if I accidentally selected a TON of albums...but to be clear, the behavior I am looking for is opening what I have selected.

On the new machine: When I have selected, say, 3 albums & drag them either to the dock icon or the Main window directly, it only opens the last 1 I selected in the finder...not the 4 I selected in the finder. If I try to drag the others in separately after, it replaces the most recently opened album with the one I dragged in, not adds.

I assume there must be a preference for this, but, uncharacteristically, I cannot find it.

Fix for this? Point me to the correct preferences location?
TiA.
killer banshee

(Tried to RTFM, but did not find reference to this. Also searched the forum & while I didn't read every result it brought up...none of the subjects seemed to reference this issue)

2MR2PostAugust 3, 2023, 19:32
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Hi, not a preference by the Open Mode. The Open Mode has three components which control how files are opened. You can find it on File>Open Mode and typically on a toolbar as it is often changed.

The first grouping has Album Mode and Playlist Mode. In Album mode whenever a track is opened all tracks in the same parent folder are opened. In Playlist mode what you open is what you get.

The second grouping is typically not visible in Playlist mode. It determines if you are adding to the list of loaded files or replacing the list.

The third grouping is not visible in Playlist mode. It controls if you are doing a deep load of folders or only the opened folder.

This will explain why things are being replaced as opposed to added. However regardless of the Open Mode, dragging three folders into the main window at the same time should always work. If this is not working it would seem that something is weird on your Mac.

2MR2PostAugust 3, 2023, 19:35
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Only one folder working could be explained by it requiring a deep subfolder scan.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.