Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
[Solved] [Usability] Enable enter key in Discogs Wizard
PowderPostDecember 29, 2013, 08:50
Pro
March 4, 2013, 18:53
Normal topic[Solved] [Usability] Enable enter key in Discogs Wizard

It would be great if the enter key could be used to confirm all the Discogs wizard dialog fields. All of the fields can be confirmed using the enter key, except the last one, where the buttons »import«, »back to release« and »view changes« are. Allowing to proceed (import) using enter key here would be much faster when tagging a lot of files.

2MR2PostDecember 29, 2013, 10:02
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: [Usability] Enable enter key in Discogs Wizard

I've checked the code and all the buttons are mapped to Enter. The issue is the way that Apple handles the responder chain. They actually do all work, depending on what you have selected in the window. For example if you deselect everything in the table on the panel you described you'll see that Enter works. If you select something in the table, it's eating the Enter key.

In Preferences-Shortcuts there is a Key Bindings section which allows you to map Done keys. The Discogs and MusicBrainz 'done keys' are not currently affected by this setting....but I could change that. You can't map to Enter but you could map to Command-Enter or any other compound sequence you wish. Let me know if you want me to make this change.

PowderPostDecember 29, 2013, 10:49
Pro
March 4, 2013, 18:53

It’s not possible to map enter to »import«?

I mainly don’t select anything. On most of the releases, the first (and somtimes only) hit is the correct one.
So my interaction is like this:
- Actions -> Discogs Wizard
- Enter
- Enter
- Enter
- Manually use the mouse to click on »import«

2MR2PostDecember 29, 2013, 14:00
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

The Import button is currently mapped to Enter. The issue is which control becomes the 'first responder' when the panel is displayed.

I can get around the problem by forcing the appropriate button to be the 'first responder' whenever a panel is displayed. This should have your desired effect. Enter-Enter-Enter will now work as expected as long as you don't select anything else on the panels. Next patch or update.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.024 seconds.