Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
[On Hold] Add track-number column in Discogs Wizard
PowderPostJanuary 20, 2014, 07:38
Pro
March 4, 2013, 18:53
Normal topic[On Hold] Add track-number column in Discogs Wizard

When tagging releases using the Discogs Wizard, it often happens that I grab a release which does not have the same number of tracks as my local copy. So I have to go back and try to find the right one. It would be much easier to see in the list of search matches whether or not the number of tracks matches.
For this it would be nice to have a field with the number of tracks in it, e.g. »7«, and a coloured background – green for a match, red for a non-match.

2MR2PostJanuary 20, 2014, 11:00
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: [Feature Request] Add track-number column in Discogs Wizard

I agree, however this is problematic due to the data that Discogs returns on a search. They do not return media counts in the search results. That would mean for every result you would have to wait one second while I extracted the associated release data. Discogs is rate throttled to one request per second.

If you had 15 results it would take a minimum of 15 seconds to extract the track counts. Even if I did a lazy load of the data it seems to me that you would get tired of waiting and start looking at results. However....it is doable. Let me know if you'd like the lazy data loads. The information would appear in the table as you waited.

BTW: MusicBrainz returns the track/disk counts in the search results which is why the MusicBrainz wizard has track and disc count columns in the search results panel.

PowderPostJanuary 20, 2014, 15:24
Pro
March 4, 2013, 18:53
Normal topicRe: [Feature Request] Add track-number column in Discogs Wizard

Too bad! This is too long. Maybe I write a request to the Discogs developers then, but I do not think that they will implement this (soon).

MusicBrainz is not very good for new electronic music, so I cannot use this.

2MR2PostJanuary 20, 2014, 16:30
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: [On Hold] Add track-number column in Discogs Wizard

Well, I've implemented the lazy load as it's not too bad for a limited number of releases. I also prioritize the loading of what is displayed, so if you filter, what is on the screen gets loaded faster. This way you at least have a choice.

This will be released in v2.6.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.