Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
Get artwork from folder
timpPostMarch 16, 2014, 10:52
Advanced
March 16, 2014, 13:32
Hot topicRe: Get artwork from folder

Hmm... I can understand the problem here. Perhaps if the "Import Artwork from Folder" button had a preview window so you could see and/or select the right image file? Then once you select the image it imports and deletes the file?

I'm thinking that sometimes I have a music folder that has multiple jpegs (cover, cd, inside jacket, etc.), and I wouldn't want Yate to assume the first JPG in the folder is correct. Know what I mean?

2MR2PostMarch 16, 2014, 11:28
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Yes I understand. The issue is that 'Import Artwork' is part of an action. It's available in batch mode and interactive mode.

If you're working interactively you can always simply drag over the artwork item you want directly from the Finder.

I could in the future add a 'preview and import artwork' panel from the UI but it would essentially duplicate a lot of what the Finder does with the exception of the auto-delete.

You also could simply import them all and assign picture types based on the file names. Then use Remove Artwork to get rid of the extraneous ones. However, you still wouldn't get the delete functionality.

This needs a little more thought.

timpPostMarch 16, 2014, 12:46
Advanced

Yeah, it's a tough one. But while you're thinking about it, a feature to delete all extra files (anything not MP3, FLAC, AAC, etc.) would be kind of cool. I'm tired of opening folders that have nfo, txt, jpg, ini, m3u, pdf, etc. in them. I delete all that crap and only leave the audio files behind. That feature alone would be a great Action.

2MR2PostMarch 16, 2014, 13:13
Administrator

The Move Non Audio files function could be used to specify file types (nfo, txt, ini, etc) to be moved to a specific folder. If you always use the same destination folder you could move the contents of that folder to the trash from time to time. I could add the ability to move them directly to the trash.

I prefer the 'specifying' file type method because some users utilize non audio type files such as m3u.

timpPostMarch 17, 2014, 15:08
Advanced

I agree - it makes sense to have a file type selection box. Especially if you can add different file types (much like you can add genre types to the default list).

timpPostMarch 17, 2014, 21:15
Advanced

Or... perhaps Yate could alert you if it finds a file type it doesn't recognize? And it could ask you whether to keep it, delete it (one time), or delete it (and add to the permanent list of file types to delete). I don't know how much work that would take, but it's similar to what we see throughout OSX. Just a thought.

2MR2PostMarch 17, 2014, 21:20
Administrator

Every change has to work in batch and non batch action processing. The Move Non Audio files has no user interaction. The list is contained in the action and can change depending on what you're doing.....so there is no concept of a permanent list.

Yate doesn't recognize most file types 🙂 I'm pretty leery about deleting files.

timpPostMarch 17, 2014, 21:31
Advanced

Yeah, I can see that. It's no problem if this one doesn't end up happening. I'm just thinking about all the things I do when tagging music that I can't do in Yate, and emptying folders of junk files was one of them. I already love Yate so much that I'm not complaining!! 🙂

2MR2PostMarch 17, 2014, 21:34
Administrator

Still on the list 🙂

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.