Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
Auto Completion
ThierryNKPostMarch 9, 2014, 16:13
March 9, 2014, 20:08
Normal topicAuto Completion

Hi

I think that autocompletion for Artist and Composers, as it already exists for Genre, would be a nice feature.

Kind regards
Thierry

2MR2PostMarch 9, 2014, 16:21
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Auto Completion

It's there 🙂

In Preferences Artists and Preferences Composers enable Auto accumulate. Whenever you add an artist or composer, they will be added to the list. As the list gets populated the better the autocompletion will be.

Alternately you can pre-fill your lists with the 'Fill Lists' action function. Write a simple one line action with a 'Fill Lists' function and run your entire collection through it via the Batch Processor Wizard'. When the batch completes your lists will have been filled with all of the items you selected in the action function. You can manually edit the lists at any time in Preferences.

Personally I do not auto accumulate by lists. I ran a batch Fill Lists once and as part of my workflow when I add a new album I run Fill Lists on the new album.

ThierryNKPostMarch 9, 2014, 16:32

Maybe, we are not talking about the same thing.

I am talking about autocompletion when typing.

In Genre, if I start typing Sym, then "Symphonies Classiques" appears which is the last Genre starting with "Sym" that I used.
This does not happen in Artist and Composer fields.

An improvement of what happens in Genre could be to automatically show the list of possible values (Jriver does this). For example, I have several genres of Symphonies, starting typing Symph could propose me, without clicking the arrow, all Genres starting with Symp.

Kind regards

2MR2PostMarch 9, 2014, 16:49
Administrator

Hmm. I use Apple standard type completion which returns the next potential match based on what you've typed so far. I guess you're talking about a popup menu which changes on the fly. I can look at that for the future. If your "Symphonies" genres are added to the list they will appear as you type.

The current auto fill in Genres, Artist and Composer fields works with accumulated or pre-filled lists. If the lists contain data (ie. the drop down to the right of the field displays a menu), the autocomplete will work. Genre is working for you because Yate comes pre-populated with Genres. Yate does not pre-populate Artists or Composers. You have to populate the lists either by auto-accumulating (enabled in preferences), by pre-filling or by manually editing the lists in preferences which is too cumbersome to consider.

2MR2PostMarch 9, 2014, 16:56
Administrator

You can add the Artists/Composers/Genres associated with whatever you have loaded at a given time by an action. See the attached image.

ThierryNKPostMarch 11, 2014, 16:31

Quote from 2MR2 on March 9, 2014, 16:49
Hmm. I use Apple standard type completion which returns the next potential match based on what you've typed so far. I guess you're talking about a popup menu which changes on the fly. I can look at that for the future. If your "Symphonies" genres are added to the list they will appear as you type.

The current auto fill in Genres, Artist and Composer fields works with accumulated or pre-filled lists. If the lists contain data (ie. the drop down to the right of the field displays a menu), the autocomplete will work. Genre is working for you because Yate comes pre-populated with Genres. Yate does not pre-populate Artists or Composers. You have to populate the lists either by auto-accumulating (enabled in preferences), by pre-filling or by manually editing the lists in preferences which is too cumbersome to consider.

Hi

As I am converting hundreds of SACD ISO to DSF, I am in a quite heavy tagging process.

My Artists and Composers are already populated with many names. And "Autocompletion" while editing does not work, even in the "last entered name" mode that works in Genres.

Do not consider this as a critic! And you know that I have already written a good review of Yates (Except if my mails to Barry went to spam…)
http://www.audiophile-magazine.com/actualités#2manyrobots

My "wish" would be that after entering for example 3 letters, the list pops up with the corresponding names having these 3 consecutive letters in their content.

Kind regards
Thierry

2MR2PostMarch 11, 2014, 17:57
Administrator

Hi,

My apologies. There are issues with Composers and Artists which evidently are being caused by the natural sort code which is not used with Genres. I'll work on the issue tonight and get back to you.

2MR2PostMarch 11, 2014, 20:21
Administrator

Fixed in the upcoming v2.7. Autocompletion now works in Artists and Composers as in Genres. The issue was in the natural sort code which was reaching too far. The autocompletion now works as in iTunes. So, while 'The Rolling Stones' will be sorted under 'R', you have to type 'The Rol....' in order for type completion to work.

ThierryNKPostMarch 12, 2014, 09:16

Hi

Thanks for the fix and thanks for your email 🙂 I appreciate a lot.

ThierryNKPostMarch 12, 2014, 09:46

Version 2064 downloaded and tested. All is OK.

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.035 seconds.