Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
How to enter titles quickly?
timpPostJune 3, 2014, 02:29
Advanced
March 16, 2014, 13:32
Hot topicHow to enter titles quickly?

Hey there - long time no talk! Got busy there for a couple months but I'm back to my tagging ways!

Have a quick question/suggestion. I download a lot of bootleg recordings, which I convert from FLAC to MP3. They don't have any ID3 info of course, so I have to manually type each song title.

It would be nice if hitting the Enter key in the Title field would automatically move me to the next line, so I could fill in all the titles without having to point and click for each song. (Or maybe a Ctrl/Command-Enter? Shift-Enter?)

Is there another solution for this that I might be missing?

Thanks,
Tim

2MR2PostJune 3, 2014, 11:35
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Hot topicRe: How to enter titles quickly?

Did the FLAC files contain any metadata? If they did you can copy the metadata from the old files to the new via the Actions>Copy Metadata menu item. You can find help on this function via:

Help>Yate Help
Under Reference: Help indexed by Menu Items
Under Actions: Copy metadata

If the FLAC files did not contain metadata but the filenames were accurate you can always extract the titles via a File to Tag template.

Barring any of the previous possibilities we're back where you started. Luckily there is already a key combination that will work for you.

After changing a title (Enter not required) simply do a Command-Down Arrow. That will move the file selection to the next file.

Welcome back 🙂

timpPostJune 3, 2014, 17:49
Advanced

That's great, thank you! Unfortunately the bootleggers don't include any file names or metadata to speak of, so looks like the Command-Down Arrow will be put to use. 🙂

timpPostJune 6, 2014, 22:02
Advanced

Hey again -

Unfortunately the Command-Down Arrow doesn't quite do what I was hoping. I was hoping it would place me into an edit mode for the next subsequent Title field. If you hit "Cmd-Down Arrow, Tab, Tab", you can then edit the next title field. Better than nothing, but a bit clunky.

Just throwing it out there that a faster way would be nice for those of us who occasionally have to do manual editing of File Name, Title, Album, etc.

Thanks as always!

2MR2PostJune 6, 2014, 22:21
Administrator

Select your first file. Start editing the Title field. When you've made your changes hit Command-Down Arrow. The file selection will advance but you will still be in the Title field editing.....no tabs required...you will be continuously editing the Title field.

timpPostJune 6, 2014, 23:45
Advanced

Hmmm... that's not what I'm experiencing. Is that what you're seeing on your end?

hoeniPostJune 7, 2014, 03:33
April 30, 2014, 07:38

Wow, nice feature 🙂 CMD-Up/Down...

2MR2PostJune 7, 2014, 06:29
Administrator

I've tried it on three Macs and it works for me.

Cmd-Up and Cmd-Down should not be changing the focus. When in an editing field the blue focus ring around the field should not change colour when the sequence is hit. Are you on Mavericks? Do you have any other software installed to handle key mappings?

timpPostJune 8, 2014, 22:41
Advanced

Yep, I'm on Mavericks (OSX 10.9.3, which is the latest). I just opened Yate and a random music folder, clicked on the Title field to edit it, made a random edit as if I were editing a blank field, and hitting Cmd-Down simply made the next line turn totally blue. It didn't place me into an edit mode in the next Title field down like you're experiencing. I have to hit Tab either 2 or 3 times to get open an editable Title field. (I've done this several times in the past few days, just to be sure it wasn't user-error.

And no, I've never done any custom key mapping. At this point I'm not sure why it's not behaving as expected 🙁

I could probably take a video of it if I knew of a simple tool to do that with.

2MR2PostJune 9, 2014, 06:10
Administrator

I think I figured out what is happening. You must be doing inline editing of the Title field in the list of files. If this is what you're doing it makes sense. When you inline edit and hit Cmd - Down you are exiting editing on the field when you move to the next line.

Try this. Open your folder, select a file and click in the Title field on the Info panel (ie. not on the Title column in the list of files). Cmd down will now change files without exiting editing. I've attached an image.

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.028 seconds.