Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
How to enter titles quickly?
timpPostJune 9, 2014, 22:29
Advanced
March 16, 2014, 13:32
Hot topicRe: How to enter titles quickly?

YES! That was it! I was editing in the wrong panel the whole time 🙂

Somewhere my brain was still stuck in EAC for Windows I think. (Which I dearly miss, now that I've gone to Mac.)

Mystery solved!!

ratmicePostDecember 23, 2014, 16:58
Beginner
December 23, 2014, 21:35

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but my question is very similar. I too have many TB of live recordings that are not usually tagged at all. They do, however, all come with a text file. As a newcomer to YATE I wonder if there is the facility to parse info from the text file into tags? I currently use XACT to name tracks from a text file but hate a lot of other things about it's tagging. Does YATE allow a similar process? If you're not familiar with it, a text box opens into which you can type/copy-paste/drag-drop info from the info/text file. Each NAME field is populated by each line of the text, when activated.

2MR2PostDecember 23, 2014, 17:06
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Seems like a lot of work dragging and dropping. If you send one of the text files to support@2manyrobots.com, I'll see if I can come up with an action to process the files without any intervention. It may take a couple of days. My next few days are kind of booked 🙂

ratmicePostDecember 23, 2014, 17:20
Beginner
December 23, 2014, 21:35

Wow. Really appreciate the quick reply and offer. However, the problem is that there is no standard for the text files. They can be beautifully formatted documents, or the misspelled ramblings of a wasted late night concert goer. Some have track numbers, timings, set information, and even notes interspersed with the setlist. Others are just a run on list of the songs played at the concert. And that's only the song names, it's as bad regarding dates, venues etc...

I would be happy to send you a few examples of such files. Take a look at your leisure. Hopefully I'm wrong about the disparate formatting posing too much difficulty. Unfortunately I think that the drag and drop method, and then a little manual neatening up is the only way. Believe me it's much better than typing them all in by hand.

Have a great holiday!

2MR2PostDecember 23, 2014, 17:55
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Yah, if the files are freeform it's going to be a problem. Send me a few files whenever you get a chance.

You can copy and past the stuff in each field now simply by having Yate open, selecting a single file and pasting in the fields from your text file. You can then select multiple files in the same album and choose the appropriate value from the 'coloured' button. Or you could select the entire album and paste in Album, Artist, Album Artist and only go the single file route for Title, etc. You could drag and drop the tracks and renumber if its faster than manually putting in the track numbers. Lot's of ways to speed up the copy and paste methods 🙂

Have good one!

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.