Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Renaming folders question
w0rmholePostOctober 9, 2014, 04:21
October 9, 2014, 08:01
Normal topicRenaming folders question

Hi.

I recently bought a MacBook Pro after years of using Windows and have been looking for a tagger to keep my music in check. Previously I used Tag&Rename which did the job perfectly.

I've downloaded the trial version of Yate and a few others, with Yate looking like it'll do the job very nicely. The only thing I can't figure out is how to rename folders in the same way that I could rename a file, say for example, artist - album - year. Can someone explain if it can do this?

Due to family financial issues I won't be able to buy a license straight away, but if Yate is able to do all the things I need it to I would definitely buy in the future.

Many thanks.

😀

2MR2PostOctober 9, 2014, 07:54
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Renaming folders question

Hi,

You would use the Folder Start token in Preferences-Rename Templates to indicate where the template switches from the file specification to the folder specification.

eg. ❨Track Pad2❩·❨Title❩❨Folder Start❩❨Artist❩·-·❨Album❩·-·❨Year❩

would rename a folder to: Artist - Album Year

and the files to: ## Title (where ## is the track padded to two characters)

Check your email for some additional info.

w0rmholePostOctober 9, 2014, 10:01

Thanks! I will have to test this out when I get home from work.

I looked in my emails but couldn't see anything?

2MR2PostOctober 9, 2014, 10:07
Administrator

Strange, sent to the email address you registered here at. Check your SPAM folder. If you can't find it send an email to support@2manyrobots.com and I'll reply.

w0rmholePostOctober 10, 2014, 06:49

That has worked a treat. Well chuffed.

Still a little unclear on renumbering. If a number is ?of?, how can I change it to a single digit, no leading zeros?

2MR2PostOctober 10, 2014, 13:35
Administrator

In the rename if you want to have a minimum number of digits for the track replace the (Track Pad 2) token with a (Track) token.

Not sure what you mean by ?of?. That's the display format in the list of files when there are valid Track and 'Track of' (Track Count) fields. If the 'Track of' field is empty then 'of?' will not be displayed

If you want to have ?of? when you rename then you'll have to use a an action because the Rename templates currently do not support the insertion of the 'Track Count'. (I'll add it in the next release).

For now:

action:
Copy the Track Count Field to Variable 1
Rename Files (your rename template)

your rename template:
❨Track❩·of·(Variable1)·❨Title❩❨Folder Start❩❨Artist❩·-·❨Album❩·-·❨Year❩

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.