Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Unhandled frames
LappenPostNovember 8, 2014, 06:48
Beginner
November 8, 2014, 11:13
Normal topicUnhandled frames

Hi,

First of all, this is the best tool for handling music files. I've just activated the software, and it is worth every penny 🙂

How do make an action that copies the content from an unhandled frame to a field?

Tia/Lappen

2MR2PostNovember 8, 2014, 07:35
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Unhandled frames

Wow... you got me. 🙂

I'll be glad to add a statement. It'll require matching based on the unhandled frame's four character identifier (sort of how User Defined Text Items are matched).

The issue here is the data. Some unhandled frames contain binary data and as such won't 'act nice'. I'll have to do a lossy conversion to UTF8 just to make sure the data can be represented in a field. I'm assuming the frame you want actually has human readable data???

Just for my own curiosity, what frame (and audio format) are you trying to extract?

LappenPostNovember 8, 2014, 08:11
Beginner

I use Beatport Pro to sync my files and Beatport Pro writes 2 unhandled metadata. First (TAUT) is a timestamp and second (TKY2) is the musical key (OpenKey format). I use Traktor but Traktor won't recognize the TKY2 and therefore its useless. I therefore need to copy TKY2 to "normal" key field.

Another question. How do I make a folder structure when renaming and moving files? I want to move my files when done editing to this /Genre/Year/Artist - Title.mp3.
I can't get the 2nd folder to work right?

Last but not least....what about an action that fills the Album Artist with the artist that counts the most within the album? A little like your "Compilation"-action.

Once again thanks for this incredible tool and your quick replies.

/Lappen

2MR2PostNovember 8, 2014, 09:16
Administrator

Okay I'll build in a new Copy Unhandled function .... soon 🙂 When a test build is ready I'll email you a link.

Your folder structure should be doable. I'm taking your structure exactly as entered. I've attached an image with the Move statement constructed.

I'll think about the action. It'll require some 'dirt' to keep the individual counts. 🙂

2MR2PostNovember 8, 2014, 14:01
Administrator

Copy Unhandled implemented. The action has been written. Both in v3.2

2MR2PostNovember 10, 2014, 11:01
Administrator

Did you get a chance to look at the Copy Unhandled function and the action I sent to your forum email address? I just want to make sure you got the email. If you did not please send an email to support@2manyrobots.com and I'll reply.

LappenPostNovember 11, 2014, 03:51
Beginner

Hi, got your email, and sorry for the late reply - been busy with family and work.
The Copy Unhandled function is working flawless - a big thank you for this. One thing I noticed was that I was not able to copy directly to the tag "Initial Key". Had to put it in a variable and then copy from variable to "Initial Key".
The action you sent me looks like its working, but I need some more testing on this. As a new user of Yate, i found out that Yate defines "albums" as of the folder in which the files are located. I might be doing it wrong, but the process of running the action on a bunch of albums at one time (I load all the files at once) is not a way to go. If I do this, all the files across the albums is being handled as it was one album.

Other problems (which might not be Yate related). I've had a couple of crashes of Yate when an action is run and finished?? And I do have experienced som weird behaviors when reading and writing files in Yate. My files are located on my NAS, and the problems could be due to slow write to my NAS.

But minor issues...i am a very happy Yate'r 🙂

2MR2PostNovember 11, 2014, 08:05
Administrator

Hi,

For some reason I had Initial Key marked as invalid for the new function. I'll fix this.

Yate does have an understanding of Album outside of the folder and many functions take advantage of it. However, you are absolutely correct that the action in question works on all selected tracks. I'll have to make quite quite a bit of changes to the action to make it album aware. I'll look at it when I have some time.

Please, please, please....if you have any crashes send me the crash report and a copy of the action which was running. Yate does not care about NAS drives as all file access is handled by the OS. If it happens again please send me more detailed information as to what you're doing and what is happening.

Are you on Yosemite?

LappenPostNovember 11, 2014, 08:50
Beginner

Hi, thx for quick reply.
No need to rush the changes to the album-aware action - i'm pretty sure you have a lot of other (more important) stuff on your to-do-list 🙂
I'll send you crash reports when they happen the next time and look further into the write-issues.

Yes, i'm on Yosemite and my files are accessed on my NAS by SMB.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.