Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Filtering File List?
WDPK837PostNovember 20, 2014, 13:45
November 20, 2014, 18:37
Normal topicFiltering File List?

Hi all. Wondering if there's a way to filter the file list, so I could load my iTunes library and have it show me all the files without artwork, or some similar criteria.

2MR2PostNovember 20, 2014, 15:11
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Filtering File List?

You can enable the display of the 'Artwork Count' column and sort by that column. If you are going to drag thousands of tracks from iTunes to Yate, make sure Yate is in Playlist mode. That way you will eliminate the redundant folder searches for additional tracks.

As you are more than likely not going to find all your missing artwork at one sitting it may be a better solution to run a batch action which logs those tracks with missing artwork. If you save the log, you'll have a record you can come back to. In this case as artwork is typically missing on an album basis, you can put Yate in Album mode, copy a folder identified in the log results to the system clipboard and do an 'Open path from clipboard'.

The action is quite simple. Use a single 'Exists' statement with Artwork selected and set it to Does not exist.

WDPK837PostNovember 30, 2014, 16:41

Thanks for getting back to me. I understand the process, and it'll work, but it would be great if we could filter with different queries and statements, so we don't have to keep jumping back and forth between the logs and a file window.

It's fairly simple to sort by artwork, but what if I wanted to find the files where there's no artwork, but there is an album, and it's not a compilation, and it does have an album artist. Love the program, and I think this functionality for more complicated searches and filters would be great if it was in the program itself.

2MR2PostNovember 30, 2014, 18:20
Administrator

I use filters all the time. The only difference is that I do it from album/track databases. Being persistent I find them more useful than loading thousands of tracks at a time.

However, that being said, far be it from me to dictate how people like to work. The file list already has the ability to hide selected/non selected rows and to filter on column data. I think that by adding a few more options I can easily get you to where you want to be. I'll add the feature to my list.

2MR2PostDecember 1, 2014, 14:14
Administrator

I've added two new filtering menu items in the main window's Hide context menu. It seems to me that this will do the trick. It'll be in v3.2.1 out in a little while.

WDPK837PostDecember 3, 2014, 14:26

Awesome, thanks for your quick reply and support. Just finished my trial and paid today! Customer for life.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.