Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
How to access system variables?
PowderPostNovember 23, 2014, 12:04
Pro
March 4, 2013, 18:53
Normal topicHow to access system variables?

I have stored the path to my music collection in a system variable (e.g. System Variable 1: /my_music/), now I would like to use this path to move the files and create a symlink, but I don’t find a possibility to access the system variables. In the info text about the «move» function, I read that «\V0» – «\V9» can be used as a path variable, but there is no way to use system variables. I also didn’t find a way to copy a system variable to a user variable (using the «copy» function).
I have probably overlooked it…1?

The way I understand it is that system variables are a set of variables which exist besides the user variables, which are volatile.
I am just in the process of eliminating fixed paths from my scripts in order to gain flexibility, so others can use my scripts as well without having to edit a lot of different occurrences.

2MR2PostNovember 23, 2014, 12:40
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: How to access system variables?

Hi there,

System variables persist until manually removed or modified. They do not exist with tracks. Essentially they are 10 storage areas which persist across runs of Yate.

You can access system variables as escape sequences so they are available in action functions for most text fields.

It's true that you can't use the Copy function to access system variables as they are not fields within tracks. However to set Variable 1 to the value in System Variable 1 you could do:

Set Variable 1 to '\s1'

You can then access Variable 1 in a Move statement.

I hope this helps.

2MR2PostNovember 23, 2014, 12:43
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

I just noticed that the mailer is removing back slashes. The Set command requires a backslash before 's1' to start the escape sequence.

PowderPostNovember 23, 2014, 13:30
Pro
March 4, 2013, 18:53

Hi,
thanks for the quick answer!
From a usability standpoint it would be logical to access the system variable fields via the same (drop-down) menu as you can access normal fields and user variables, tho.
But yeah, happy to know how to access them now!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.