Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Find/Search Question
ChuckClasikPostJanuary 23, 2015, 12:54
Beginner
January 22, 2015, 22:06
Normal topicFind/Search Question

Hi Folks, hoping someone can help me out. I'm trying to implement a find action. Basically a search for "(Acapella)" Some files may contain (Clean Acapella) or (Dirty Acapella) in the title. Is there a way to locate these and either highlight or Sort.

I have a simple Find and Remove without remove checked and Set State checked so that it turns red when it finds these items. Is there a better method for finding items.

Also, the action has a strange side effect..

Once I run the action, I'm able to make changes to those files. I save it, and if I re-run the action against the same files, it looks as though my changes revert. Almost as if running the action causes an undo. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Chuck

2MR2PostJanuary 23, 2015, 13:05
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Find/Search Question

The actions do not interface directly with the UI display other than displaying changes when completed. You can't and should not attempt to use actions to identify items in the main file list.

If you are getting a red indicator, the Find & Remove statement is making changes to the files. You may not have checked Remove, but one of Before and After is always set. This means if you have a match, changes are being made.

I'm not sure what your action is doing but if you have the following Find & Remove statement:

Find "Acapella" ignoring case in the Title field, remove everything after

any selected file where the Title contains Acapella will be modified if anything follows the 'Acapella' text. Doing a Save will retain the changes. Running the action after the Save should not cause any changes.

BTW: I'm working on a far more powerful predicate/filter based approach to Hiding files. It should be able to do far more than what you're attempting. 🙂

ChuckClasikPostJanuary 23, 2015, 13:11
Beginner

That makes perfect sense now. Thanks for clarifying. For now, is there a simple search method while I wait for more of your awesomeness.

2MR2PostJanuary 23, 2015, 13:14
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Unfortunately there is no searching within the file list. It shouldn't be more than a short while before I have something to test.

ChuckClasikPostJanuary 23, 2015, 13:17
Beginner

alrighty.. Thanks, That would make me whole with this Tool. It's already saved me hours and hours of work. Customer and fan til the end!!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.