Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
When Renaming Files, and Duplicate Encountered
ChuckClasikPostJanuary 25, 2015, 01:29
Beginner
January 22, 2015, 22:06
Normal topicWhen Renaming Files, and Duplicate Encountered

When you encounter a file that has the same name using the rename action, it would be helpful to have the option to delete or rename the file, as well as Do this for all.

Thanks

Chuck

2MR2PostJanuary 25, 2015, 08:24
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: When Renaming Files, and Duplicate Encountered

Rename faults are extremely common while tagging. I tend to rename my files simply to the Title because I remember a time when most players only displayed the filename. If I have two or three files named 'Intro' in the same album it results in duplicate names. Rather than modify the UI It's far better to let Yate handle the duplicate situations. For example, a simple 'title' only rename template could be:

❨Title❩❨IfDup❩·(❨Dup #❩)

which renames 'Intro' files as 'Intro', 'Intro (2)', 'Intro (3)', etc.

ChuckClasikPostJanuary 25, 2015, 14:28
Beginner

Very Handy.. I can see what you're saying. In this case it's a folder of singles, which this still would work.. I could name it something in the form of Delete, and then search that string.

Thanks for the info.

ChuckClasikPostJanuary 26, 2015, 21:29
Beginner

Is there a way using ifdup to move to a folder. I think I almost have it, but not seeing the desired result.

2MR2PostJanuary 26, 2015, 21:39
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Try using the Move action function as opposed to a rename. During a rename, if you attempt to change a folder's name and it already exists, its an error. During a Move, it will move the file to the folder which exists. You can even tell the Move to delete the old folder if it's empty.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.