Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
WildCards
ChuckClasikPostFebruary 11, 2015, 13:35
Beginner
January 22, 2015, 22:06
Normal topicWildCards

Quick Question, is there a way to use wildcards?

For instance,

Instead of,
Test if the title field contains (instrumental)

Would like to use
Test if the title field contains (* instrumental)

Is something like this possible?

Thanks

2MR2PostFebruary 11, 2015, 14:48
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: WildCards

I assume you're talking about within the upcoming filtering?

I can add the 'is like' operator which supports * and ? operators. Note however that the pattern has to be fully qualified so you will have to specify: * instrumental* (otherwise instrumental will only match the end of the string)

ChuckClasikPostFebruary 11, 2015, 15:54
Beginner

I was speaking in terms of the Compare Text Test Action. Is it possible to add it there as well. Currently it has Equals, Contains, Start with, and End with. "Is like", may be very useful in more places as well as far as actions are concerned. I have this bad boy nearly set up to tag a whole folder of files in a button push using actions.. I don't know how I went about for so long without Yate.

2MR2PostFebruary 11, 2015, 19:50
Administrator

Well if I add it into the Compare Text Test statement I'd have to implement a bunch of stuff. Why not simply use the Regular Expression Replace statement?

I'm not entirely sure what you're attempting to match but Regular Expression Replace can set the state on a successful match. Simple ignore the replacement result in the variable and use the test state as you would in the Compare Text Test statement. Make sure you set 'Set State' and probably 'Replace First'. Case Insensitive at your discretion.

" Instrumental$" will match any occurrence of Instrumental at the end of the string preceded by a space.

" Instrumental" will match any occurrence of Instrumental preceded by a space. (Same as contains)

"[^ ]+ +Instrumental" will match one or more non space characters followed by one or more spaces followed by Instrumental.

..... and I've added 'is like' to the filter. Absolutely no work required 🙂

ChuckClasikPostFebruary 11, 2015, 22:14
Beginner

New territory, and you know I'll give it a whirl.. I have no knowledge of Reg EXP, but it looks like it's time to learn!! Thanks.

2MR2PostFebruary 11, 2015, 22:15
Administrator

Keep them simple. They drive me insane 🙂

2MR2PostFebruary 12, 2015, 23:03
Administrator

Added a Like option to Compare Test in v3.4 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.