Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Better Artwork Reformatting Action
cpkPostFebruary 28, 2015, 22:07
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55
Normal topicBetter Artwork Reformatting Action

I like the action to resize/reformat artwork but I would really like more options regarding controlling the quality of the artwork.

For example, I like to force to jpeg because the size is smaller than png but I would like to also choose what quality for the jpeg to be saved as. Also, when resizing, it would be nice to have a choice on the resolution and even to know what the existing resolution is before I do any resizing. So, that means an action to get artwork resolution or better, just add that option to the "Artwork Information" action.

2MR2PostFebruary 28, 2015, 22:23
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Better Artwork Reformatting Action

Hi there,

Setting the jpg compression factor is already on my list. Now that v3.4 is out I'll get to it soon.

I had not thought of anyone wanting to resize to a setting other than the 'default' resize in Preferences-Artwork. I can easily add the ability to specify a specific resolution.

Artwork Information 'default w x h' will return the resolution of the first artwork item. I'm not sure what else you would want here. You could fairly easily write an action to get the 'default' resolution and based on the result determine if you wish to resize. Am I missing something? I could add the ability to return all artwork items' resolution in a delimited list.

cpkPostFebruary 28, 2015, 22:32
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55

Glad to hear that you are planning jpg compression factor.

I think maybe I did't explain what I meant by resolution well. I mean pixels/inch. I use Pixelmator for most of my artwork editing since I have so much control over the image but in most cases I am just doing the same resizing operations but if the image is already saved at a different resolution then I want that is much less than my norm of 72 pixels/inch then resizing can really get ugly fast if the image I am starting with is small. It is sometimes really hard to find large cover art for Asian music. I hope that makes more sense.

2MR2PostFebruary 28, 2015, 22:40
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

I'll have to think this through. Pixels / inch is so display and graphics card dependant.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.