Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Logging in Actions?
cpkPostMarch 2, 2015, 00:13
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55
Normal topicLogging in Actions?

Hi,

Is there a way to write a message to the log in an action?

For example, if I have an action that is designed to fail if a particular field in doesn't exist (is empty) then I'd like the action to silently quit but write a message to the log that the required field does not exist for the track the action was running on. Is there a way to do this that I just haven't found yet?

Thanks.

2MR2PostMarch 2, 2015, 00:28
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Logging in Actions?

Prompt will write to the batch log while batch processing but there's currently no way to write to the system log (Console). If that's what you mean it is trivial and can be implemented by a checkbox in the Prompt function.

cpkPostMarch 2, 2015, 19:53
Advanced

Actually what I wanted to do was not pop up any windows if there was a fail but just to write something to the batch log. Writing to the system log is something I had not thought of but I really like the idea because I can create a filter there and only view Yate messages. But then this makes me want the ability to set a system variable at the beginning of the action that will if true will log to the system log any prompt that I have set to that and if false not write to the system log. It would be useful for debugging at least without having to keep pressing continue on the prompt window.

2MR2PostMarch 2, 2015, 19:58
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Well Prompt posts to the UI when interactive and to the batch log when running batched. I've already implemented the Log option in the Prompt statement. It's been on my list for a while as it will be useful to find crashes while batch processing. You can always call either a normal Prompt or Prompt-log conditionally.

cpkPostMarch 2, 2015, 20:03
Advanced

Oh! I guess i have failed to try prompt in batch mode yet. I'm going to have to experiment more with this.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.