Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Label text is being clipped (and comment box text)
cpkPostMarch 2, 2015, 20:25
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55
Normal topicLabel text is being clipped (and comment box text)

In preferences there are many labels that are being clipped. Also, I have text being clipped in a comment field if I fill it up with enough text to force the scroll bar to show. I can figure out what the labels are saying as it doesn't seem to be clipping off too much of it but in the comments box it is pretty ugly. I doubt though that I will actually fill up a comments box like this in actual practice. So, these are not major in any way but I thought you should still know about them. I've attached a few screenshots but there are at least two more preference pages with clipping than I am attaching screenshots for.

2MR2PostMarch 2, 2015, 20:33
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Label text is being clipped (and comment box text)

What OS? Clipping might be the result of different default fonts for the various OS versions.

The issue might be the same for the scrolling comment as I have to draw the focus ring myself in Snow Leopard as they are not supported in multi line text fields. Is the described comments field on a Custom Panel?

The clipping can be fixed easily enough simply by increasing the size of the fields. The 'Comments' clipping might force me to drop the manual focus rings. (assuming it is Snow Leopard).

I won't have access to my main Mac (which has all the OS versions) until next week. I'm theoretically on vacation with my laptop which only has Yosemite on it.

cpkPostMarch 2, 2015, 20:40
Advanced

OS is Mavericks (10.9.5) -
As far as I know I'm still using default fonts - I've never touch the Accessibility controls on this iMac and off the top of my head I don't even recall where I could have altered the default display fonts.

Yes, the comment box is on a custom panel. -
This one is actually smaller than I eventually made it but I was curious if scroll bars were implemented in the comment fields of custom panels so I forced the issue to find out.

No worries, this clipping issue is minor to me and isn't stopping or impeding me from continuing to explore Yate. 🙂

cpkPostMarch 2, 2015, 20:42
Advanced

On vacation and your are spending it answering all my forum posts?! 😯

2MR2PostMarch 2, 2015, 20:50
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

The OS versions use different font faces. It looks okay on Yosemite as does the Comment scrolling. I'll test it out on Mavericks next week.

I try to answer all the good posts ASAP. ...... but I am going offline for now. LOL!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.