Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Issue with resizing the action editor
cpkPostMarch 2, 2015, 22:01
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55
Normal topicIssue with resizing the action editor

In the action editor I've found that if I resize the window instead of the edit area being the only area to resize the area below it that gives me the options for the function also resizes and does not cause a scrollbar to be created when it is shrunk enough to hide some or all of the options for the function. This forces me to always have this widow at its largest in order to makes sure I see all the possible option text that may exist for the function. I don't really like that because I keep my dock hidden at the bottom and if I want to edit an option too low then I get into the region that causes my dock to reappear. I would prefer to be able to resize the action editor window and only have the editor area shrink or at least throw up a scroll bar so I can access the options for the function (or in the case of functions I haven't used yet - even know options exist). The screenshots show the issue.

2MR2PostMarch 2, 2015, 22:07
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Issue with resizing the action editor

True, however you can resize the five individual panels. The fine line dividing the individual panels in an Action Editor Window can be grabbed and moved either left-right or up-down. It's always been this way. Enabling general scrolling in the lower right panel is another one of those 'nightmares'. The same is true in the main window for the three panels.

cpkPostMarch 2, 2015, 22:17
Advanced

Okay thanks! I had not discovered that. I'll have to play around with it a bit until I find what is the best size so that I never miss any option text and not so large as to waste my editor space. Not having any visual indicator that option text is hidden is still going to be annoying but I'm sure I'll get used to it at least I can make it small enough to not keep popping up my dock. 🙂 No need for nightmares.

I had found that on the main window - it was expected when I saw the scroll bar and obvious indication that text was clipped in the side panes with the ellipses.

2MR2PostMarch 2, 2015, 22:20
Administrator

Actually there is a minimum size for the lower right panel. It is a minor bug that it is not respected when the window is resized. Resizing windows and split views are a real pain. When I get some time I'll look at it again.

2MR2PostMarch 4, 2015, 01:45
Administrator

This has been fixed and will be in the next patch or release. You can no longer resize the lower right panel to be smaller than its minimum size....which does not crop.

cpkPostMarch 4, 2015, 04:26
Advanced

YAY! 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.028 seconds.