Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Issue with an action repeating a name when creating a symbolic link
cpkPostMarch 3, 2015, 21:43
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55
Normal topicIssue with an action repeating a name when creating a symbolic link

Well I don't see what I've done wrong in my action. I'm using Create Absolute Symbolic Link with options set as in the first screenshot. Variable2 that is used is either the Original Album if it exists and if it doesn't then it is the Album. This works for every file as I expect it to except for one. The Album and Original Album for the file that is not working is shown in the second screenshot. The results of the action are shown in the third screenshot and see that the Original Album was repeated five times in the creation of the folder name. This is not the only name that has a slash in it, there are at least two others and the slash was replaced with a dash and symbolic links are all correctly placed in correctly named folders. I'm been trying to figure this out for a couple hours now with various sample files and this is the only fail I have and I don't see why it is failing.

Any ideas?

2MR2PostMarch 3, 2015, 22:05
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Issue with an action repeating a name when creating a symbolic link

The forum has issues when more than one image is posted. I think I can see the first two images...but definitely not the third.

The best way to debug this if you can send me the action and file. Do a Smart Export of the action if more than one is called. If only one action is used you can do a normal Export. (Either export is done from the Action Manager). Please send me the exported plist to: support@2manyrobots.com.

If possible email me a link to the file in question. (Dropbox or any web based link). If you can't send me a link to the file please do a Log>Text, on the file which is not working; save the displayed log and send me the text file. The actual file is better because there may be encoding translations occurring if you send me the 'displayed' name only. For instance UTF16 -> UTF8

cpkPostMarch 3, 2015, 22:14
Advanced
Normal topicRe: Issue with an action repeating a name when creating a symbolic link

The second is really thin and if you click on the blue line it shows it. I'll send you the action and link to the bandcamp page where I bought the tracks. I'll also do a log text on the file in case you don't want to buy the track(s) - vocoder music isn't for everyone. 😉

2MR2PostMarch 3, 2015, 22:17
Administrator

If the file is not too large you can always zip it and email it to me. I will delete the track once I finish debugging.

cpkPostMarch 3, 2015, 22:19
Advanced

Okay I can do that since you said you will delete it after debugging. I really don't support music/software/ any IP piracy.

cpkPostMarch 3, 2015, 22:21
Advanced

Actually, these are mp3 files - the zip won't be any smaller and they are about 9MB each.

2MR2PostMarch 3, 2015, 22:23
Administrator

Try emailing one. I'm sure the issue is the same for all three. zip the file regardless as my mailer may discard it otherwise.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.