Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
MusicBrainz Wizard
cpkPostMarch 9, 2015, 01:29
Advanced
March 1, 2015, 02:55
Normal topicMusicBrainz Wizard

I have a single track selected in the center main window panel, I have used the AcoustID from the menubar to create a fingerprint and get the AcoustID data. I have then selected the correct release and used the context menu to get MusicBrainz Album ID (release). I then selected the recording that the correct release was under and from the context menu I selected import MusicBrainz Track ID (recording). Finally, I closed the AcoustID Wizard window and watched the UD Text panel populate with Acoustid id and MusicBrainz Album id.

Then I open the MusicBrainz Wizard and type in the Album field, "id=Acoustid id" (using the actual id value from the UDT field) and I get a 404 error that it can't be found so my assumption is either I can't use a track id in this field or there is something wrong with the track id. I use the web api at AcoustID to verify the track id with this url http://api.acoustid.org/v2/lookup?client=8XaBELgH&meta=recordingids&trackid=ed738bcf-6ae2-46da-95d8-d6061608ceea and it works to return an id that happens to be the first ID in the Acoustid Data I already retrieved. I still have not figured out exactly what this id is though - on Musicbrainz website it just calls it MBID, I had thought it was the recording id, but from the earlier steps I was led to believe that Musicbrainz Track ID (recording) meant that the Track ID and recording ID are the same thing. Perhaps this is were I've gone wrong. Anyway, I've concluded I can't use that the value for Acoustid id in the Musicbrainz Wizard, so I try the other MusicBrainz Album id ant that works. I guess that makes sense - the field does say Album but it autofills with the Album title which I have in English but is in Musicbrainz in Japanese so the Album title doesn't work for searching for me. It would be nice if there was an option in this Wizard to autofill with the correct Album ID instead of having to do it manually - I will have to do this for every file I have that was in a foreign language beside French or Italian. Anyway, so the search works with this ID and I select which fields I want to import and note that in the lower panel are all four tracks that exist on the single but I only have one of them in the files I am working with except I have it in there three times, once as a flac with an English title and once as an mp3 with and English title and once as an mp3 with a Japanese title (in a mix of kanji and hiragana). I select the track that I know it to be in that the lower panel and click continue.

Now is were things get bothersome, like I said there are four tracks on this single but I only have one of them in the folder that is loaded and I have to have that same one three times with different names, somewhat different metadata and in one case, a different encoding. The file I am trying to work with, the only one I have highlighted in the loaded files, is mapped incorrectly to track three and one of the other two I mentioned are mapped to track one. I can rearrange this but I can't make it only pay attention to the track I have highlighted in the main center window nor can tell it that both tracks are actually the same track. I only wanted to effect the metadata of the one I had highlighted, I don't want anything I have not selected to be mapped in this operation. I can't figure out how I delete this from being mapped in this window. Why is this wizard looking at files that I have not selected? How can I tell the wizard to only map the file I want to work with right now?

2MR2PostMarch 9, 2015, 10:36
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: MusicBrainz Wizard

MBID (MusicBrainz IDs) are a catch all for identifiers which are valid for different things on the MusicBrainz Site. There are release ids, recording ids, release track ids, label ids, etc. The naming and synching of our usage of the names to MusicBrainz's has been interesting to say the least. In v3.4 we tried once again to standardize the name usage but we did miss a number of menu entries in the AcoustID dialogs. We'll fix it in the upcoming release.

You can't use the the MusicBrainz wizard to enter any ID type other than a release id (album id).

As far as selections go you can disable the automatic selection of aditional tracks in Preferences - MucisBrainz via the 'Auto add files' option. This will enable you to work on only those tracks you desire.

You can tell the AcoustiD wizard to auto-start the MusicBrainz wizard. Right click on a release row and select 'Show MusicBrainz Release in Wizard'. This will open the MusicBrainz wizard and leave the AcoustID wizard open. Alternately, select 'Goto MusicBrainz Release in Wizard' which will do the same but the AcoustID wizard will be closed. Both of these methods always disable the 'auto add' option.

I hope this helps.

2MR2PostMarch 9, 2015, 10:49
Administrator

I've changed the menu items to:

Import MusicBrainz Release Id (UDTI MusicBrainz Album Id)
- what it is (where it is)

Import MusicBrainz Recording Id (UFID)
- what it is (where it is)

This now represents the standard naming usage and 'location' of the data.....for Yate and MusicBrainz.

cpkPostMarch 12, 2015, 20:26
Advanced

I see. Thank you! I'm very much looking forward to the next update. 🙂

2MR2PostMarch 12, 2015, 20:27
Administrator

Putting the finishing touches on your Artwork compression & description requests. After that just one one user feature request and then it's code complete. 🙂

cpkPostMarch 12, 2015, 20:39
Advanced

YAY!! 😀

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.