Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Modify track info used for Access Discogs in batch action
mshickPostMay 5, 2015, 16:51
May 5, 2015, 20:45
Normal topicModify track info used for Access Discogs in batch action

I've been trying to handle this situation in my Discogs tagging action, which is being used via the batch wizard.

1. Test if "Part of a Compilation" is true or 1
2. If so, set the "Album Artist" to "Various"
3. Access Discogs

While logging a prompt it appears the test logic is working properly, and I do not get an artist mismatch error. Still, the action doesn't work as expected -- no master release is ever found. I would have thought I would get identical results to using the Discogs wizard and entering the album and artist names. With my test case, I do get a good result with the wizard.

2MR2PostMay 5, 2015, 17:16
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Modify track info used for Access Discogs in batch action

If you are not Master Matching you will have to have the Release ID and Ordinal data. If you don't, nothing gets attempted. When master matching you should have a consistent Album and Album Artist field (or Artist field).

I'm assuming that you are Master Matching which does not require the metadata in advance. Are you only having issues when the Album Artist field is 'Various'? If that's the case, it may be the reason as Various matching is notoriously poor.

When you run the wizard in the UI you are not doing Master Matching. You're doing release matching based on visually examining the search results.

If you want to send me some test data and I can look at it here:
1) load one album into Yate, Right click on a track and do an Export. I only need the produced plist file...not the blobs.
2) Do it again on another file in the album.
3) Export the action by right clicking on it in the Action Manager and selecting Export.

If you send the above text files, I'll have metadata for two tracks in the album and your action.

Send the files to support@2manyrobots.com and I'll take a look.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.