Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
"Disable unique fields" broken?
Tom CTPostJuly 2, 2015, 12:12
February 2, 2013, 02:30
Normal topic"Disable unique fields" broken?

As the subject says. I have a large collection of albums that I'm trying to edit. I want to clear all comment tags as well as the "of XX" track number field. Whether the "Disable unique fields in multiple selections" is checked or not, I'm not able to bulk-edit the tags. I'm quite sure this has worked in the past. It's probably user error on my part, but I sure can't figure it out. Help (and thanks!). Tom

2MR2PostJuly 2, 2015, 12:20
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: "Disable unique fields" broken?

Neither Comments, nor Track Count are affected by the "Disable unique fields in multiple selection" option.

How are you trying to edit? I just selected about five albums in various folders and edited them (cleared) in the edit panel and via the Multi Field Editor.

If you are editing in the edit panels and you see ??? for the value there are two ways to force the values to empty:

- hit space then backspace
- choose "Set field to empty" from the coloured button's context menu.

If that's not what you're trying please let me know what steps you're taking to "bulk edit"

Tom CTPostJuly 2, 2015, 12:27
February 2, 2013, 02:30

The "Set field to empty" worked. I was right-clicking on the actual field, which doesn't bring up the contextual menu. Oops. And for some reason, backspace/delete was having no effect. Sorry for the false alarm!

2MR2PostJuly 2, 2015, 12:36
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

I realize that this is a pain. Unfortunately the Apple control does let me see the Backspace or Delete key when the field is empty. (When ??? is displayed it is empty, it's only an overlay).

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.