Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Discogs search seems broken
billitePostJuly 18, 2015, 17:13
July 18, 2015, 20:48
Normal topicDiscogs search seems broken

I have noticed lately that the search seem to have trouble finding the titles displayed.

Example as follows.
Image one is the standard search for the release. (Artist name and release listed)
Image two is a search removing the release name
Image three is a search after selected the correct release as listed in the database.

It appears that whatever identifier that was used in the past to mark the processed entry by Yate is now not there.

Thanks

2MR2PostJuly 18, 2015, 17:53
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Discogs search seems broken

It turns out that the issue is the 'A' at the start of the album name. If you remove the 'A', everything works correctly. I've duplicated it with other releases. The issue only seems to happen with 'A'. 'The' does not have the same effect.

This is something new with the search engine. I'll reach out to them and ask for some clarity. If it's going to stay this way, I'll issue a patch to remove the leading 'A'. I'll have to check if 'A' in front of an artist name does the same.

billitePostJuly 19, 2015, 03:53
July 18, 2015, 20:48

I disagree with the "A" as I have just had a failure with an "I"
That said I had success removing the "I" after which the search was successful. I'll check some more..

2MR2PostJuly 19, 2015, 05:27
Administrator

It is possible that single character 'words' at the start of a field are messing them up. I've already reached out to them but I doubt that I'll hear back until Monday.

Fixing it is easy but I'd rather have them fix the issue as opposed to simply start dropping items in the search URL. Clarification will help as perhaps there are other places with the same type of issue.

Im sure this is simply the case of some search engine tweaking which got out of hand.

2MR2PostJuly 22, 2015, 11:25
Administrator

Still no clarity on this issue so I decided to patch around the problem. v3.7.1.2 released.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.