Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Discogs Authorization Wizard (Cookies Disabled?)
jasnPostAugust 7, 2015, 17:09
August 7, 2015, 20:01
Normal topicDiscogs Authorization Wizard (Cookies Disabled?)

OS - El Capitan Beta 4
Yate - 3.7.1.2 (4276)

Discogs Authorization Wizard fails when logging in because cookies aren't enabled. I tried changing cookies setting in Safari but this didn't seem to affect the problem.

I went ahead and manually created an authorization token in my Discogs account. Can I manually enter it in a config file somewhere to get around this?

Thanks,

Jason

2MR2PostAugust 7, 2015, 17:35
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: Discogs Authorization Wizard (Cookies Disabled?)

Unfortunately not. The authentication is three step and what you've retrieved manually is not what I get on the last step. I could patch in the end result but not the intermediate stuff.

Is it the Discogs login which is failing?...because the authentication wizard certainly doesn't use or need any cookies. It is possible that Discogs drops out if cookies are not working. The El Capitan release notes do not show anything related to have cookies disabled.

I won't be near my El Capitan install until Monday at which point I can take a look.

jasnPostAugust 7, 2015, 18:20

Thanks for the reply. Enclosed are the screenshot captures from the Discogs Authorization Wizard process failure on my system. They happen right after I login with my Discogs username and password.

Jason

2MR2PostAugust 7, 2015, 18:33
Administrator

It is possible that the beta breaks something in the WebView cookie handling. I can't see anything in the developer release notes about them intentionally doing anything.

The default for cookies is ON. I can try manually setting it to ON. If that fails I can try opening the 'login' URL in Safari. After logging in you will see the token which you can copy to the clipboard...then return to Yate and hit next. Yuck!!!

As I said I can't look at this until Monday. However..... if you have a Mac which is not running El Capitan you can do the following:

- authenticate on the Mac not running El Capitan
- In Yate>Export Preferences you will see a 'Discogs Access Token' item. Make sure it is checked and export.
- on the El Capitan Mac import the file you exported. You will not be required to authenticate then.

If you run Yate on more than one Mac this is the process you have to do regardless.

jasnPostAugust 7, 2015, 20:03

Thanks.

That worked. Trying it on another Mac here, (latest Yosemite), worked fine. I exported the preferences there, and imported it here, and the Discogs token validated correctly.

2MR2PostAugust 10, 2015, 15:35
Administrator

I went to test today and these are the steps I went through.

1) I rebooted my "El Capitan" test bed and saw I had not yet installed the Dev beta 6
2) I attempted to install the update and was told that there was insufficient disk storage to install the update
3) My partition size was obviously too small so I removed it, created another and attempted to re-download the beta
4) The app store wouldn't let me download it again as my developer download certificate was already used.
5) I contacted the Dev Centre, explained the situation and after about 15 minutes I was told that it was a Mac App Store issue so I had to get in touch with them. (They did try hard to get me going).
6) I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with the "general" number at which point they came back and told me that they were disconnected from the people they were attempting to reach and "Would I like them to try again?"
7) Luckily, during the 30 minutes I had found the original download which was on a different partition. Yah!
8) I reinstalled beta 1 and then went to App Store Updates where I only saw Beta 2.
9) I downloaded beta 2 and then went to the App Store and saw Beta 3.
10) .... 4
11) .... 5
12) .... 6. Wasn't that easy.

Some days you should stay in bed. 🙂

I did a bunch of testing and nothing I tweaked seemed to help. I fell back on my last resort which was to redirect the "login" to Safari. Everything came up okay, but the login failed in exactly the same way.

I then closed Yate, opened Safari and attempted to log in to Discogs. I get the same error. It seems as if this is an issue that Discogs will have to address as however they are validating their cookies does not work with OS X 10.11. (I tried every possible combination of Safari cookie settings).

If anyone out there is playing with El Capitan and has successfully logged into Discogs.....I'd love to know what you did. I don't seem to have any issues with any other site I tested.

2MR2PostAugust 13, 2015, 13:53
Administrator

I've heard back from DIscogs acknowledging the problem. They are working on a solution.

2MR2PostAugust 19, 2015, 19:03
Administrator

I've just installed Developer Preview 7. I don't know if Apple corrected whatever they changed or if Discogs changed something.....but everything now works. 🙂

Now I have to rip out the temporary work around I was putting into v3.8

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.